Urgent baggage advice

Bigmaan

On our last cruise we had an absolute ton of luggage because we were getting married onboard. We had 4 oversized suitcases, 2 large plastic bins, 2 carry on sized roller suitcases, garment bags, a giant backpack and a regular backpack- and somehow it all fit fine and we had no problems with space or storage.

OP- I may have missed it or forgotten but how many people are staying in your room?

In any case- don't worry and have a terrific time!!!!

Sorry- I see now that you have four people.

Hi guys

We are staying in a standard statesman room main deck. Thanks for all this great help, offers . Amazing . Unfortunately carnival not too concerned for us. We got some poor advice but thems the breaks.

We will try and out as many as we can below the bed and the rest in corners.

Thanks .... Feel a bit better now - stress levels thru the roof few hours back trying to find solutions..

Cheers and thank you

Yep, if you have a standard inside stateroom and four people, then than probably means two bunks and that means in the evenings your steward would lower the bunks down and put the ladders at the bottom for them to climb up. I would have said you would have had room to stick one suitcase by the desk or mini bar area, but with the ladders.......not really.

I'm almost positive 6 will fit under the bed and the best bet is to nest them and take up some of the room in your closets. It won't be bad to use one of the full closets to store a suitcase, just make sure your wife's (assuming I guess that who is traveling with you, lol) long dresses are in the other full size closet so they don't get wrinkled. I think you should be good to go.

Bon Voyage :D

If worse comes to worse, we will be on the Splendor with you (May 20-27, right?) and could take one or two of your bags into our cabin if you can't find room for them in yours. We will mostly have small bags and should have room to help you out if need be. If you want to email me I will tell you what cabin we are in and you can give us a call from your room phone to ours after you see whether you need some help or not.

bls414 at hotmail

Nice offer. We still do have some terrific people in this world and you are one of them. :)

With all your "stuff" you may find storage space at a premium, so I would suggest putting part of your clothes and things you won't need into the smaller suitcases and nesting them into the bigger ones to stow under your beds. You can still access them if needed, but won't have your storage space jammed with things you dont need.

When you get aboard, ask your room steward if he has a place to put a couple of your suitcases. If he does, give him a good tip !!!:D

I think this is the best strategy - no matter what "Carnival' says - I think your room steward will most probably be able to find a spot to store your unused luggage for you - and of course he should be rewarded for this :D:D

I have been in this same sort of situation - I have shipped home stuff via the UPS stores, not as expensive as I thought and it beat me home. The best thing that ever happened to me was that Southwest "lost" a bag on the leg of the flight home between Vegas & LA.....after the initial panic....absolute bliss... flew home with carry on only, managed to double up on duty free cigarettes because I already had the allowance in the checked bag, the bag was delivered to the door the day after I arrived back in Aus. I often wish I could arrange to have this happen again :D Seriously, see if you can ship one bag/large box of stuff home, even if it is the light weight items it will cut down on the bulk and the expense will be less, failing that I think you will fit it in the room.

Archived