what is the latest time to board ship?

alicos

We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on the Caribbean Princess and the ship is set to leave at 5pm. I'm thinking of booking a flight that arrives in Ft Lauderdale at 1:25pm is that too late?

Thanks in advance!

IMHO yes.

Don't forget you have to get your luggage and get a cab. And what if the flight is delayed?

Of course I am a worrywort, I'd rather be way too early, then stress that I might be late.

Good luck and have fun!

People have done it. I'd prefer to be there earlier but depending on the time of year & where you're coming from, if you are comfortable & everything goes well, it migt be OK.

Are you an optomist or a pessimist?

We prefer to fly down the day before just to make certain that we won't get delayed by weather problems. I wouldn't book a flight that arrived after noon on the day of my cruise.

This past December, we had gorgeous weather the day we left Raleigh. Unfortunately, the Northeast had a huge snow storm. Our plane was delayed in New Hampshire. Our morning departure changed to 4 p.m. We were supposed to arrive in Fort Lauderdale in the afternoon. We ended up getting there at 8 p.m. Our luggage didn't make our connecting flight. Good thing we flew down the day before instead of the day of our cruise. The airline dropped off our luggage some time after midnight. A lot of people who were trying to fly down the day of the cruise weren't as lucky and missed the ship, even though a propeller problem delayed our sailing until after dinner.

Archived