Inflatable pool for 2yr old..

Can I bring one for LO? Anyone ever brought one with them was it worth it? I was thinking it would be nice to have for her.....

Good idea? Bad Idea?

Also, tell me it is not the worst idea to bring her? We did not start taking my son until he was 5 and I am worried that she may be on the young side....

i dont know what a L0 is. i have never seen a inflatable one near the pool. i would think they would be discouraged by other people near you. there isnt much room so i wouldnt bother if it was me. only will know if your daughter should go with you or not.

I was going to buy the biggest inflatable pool I could find, and park it right in front of the outside bar on the Lido...this way I could drink and she could bewell supervised right in front of me....sheesh

No, I thought possibly on my balcony or on a higher deck in between our 2 chairs...we are talking a super small inflatable that would require maybe a bucket of water to keep her happy

As I am not a parent as of yet, I can only tell you from what I have seen. Yes parents do bring blow up pools for their little ones that aren't able to use the regular pools because they are still in diapers. Usually it is extremely small where the child can splash around in a little water. Most of the time the crew would be happy enough to give you a bucket to help you fell up the pool. Then before you leave I would empty the pool into one of the drains usually on the outside part of the pool deck.

About bringing a child aboard. I say when not. They will have fun. Also you will not have to worry about her being taken care of correctly when you are enjoying your vacation and she is still at home.

Absolutly fine! But I would maybe suggest a smalll inflatable bathtub instead of a pool. We brought one with our 15mo old last year. It was big enough for even my 4.5 yo to bathe in. We got it at babies r us. While we did not use it as a pool, we thought we may. Place it on the deck somewhere near one of the deck drains so you could dump the water there. You could use a bucket to get wayer from the shower by the pool. We loved cruising with our LO...she will live it and so will you!

Ignore all the naysayers...check out the family boards!

I was going to buy the biggest inflatable pool I could find, and park it right in front of the outside bar on the Lido...this way I could drink and she could bewell supervised right in front of me....sheesh

No, I thought possibly on my balcony or on a higher deck in between our 2 chairs...we are talking a super small inflatable that would require maybe a bucket of water to keep her happy

Ignore the loony toons they missed the full moon and are a little touchy.

To answer your question, The little $15 inflatables from Target/Walmart/Walgreens will be fine. The balcony is a good spot as is any outside deck away from the crowds, so not near the main pool. Bring a small inflatable cooler to haul the water from the restroom or the shower. As far as dumping it take the bucket to the rest room or ask one of the staff walking by, they will tell you what to do they have dealt with it many times.

Our last cruise was on NCL and we had my 14 month ( at the time ) old Granddaughter with us. My DD and DSIL said they had a blast with her. I know I thoroughly enjoyed watching her frolic at the ports and turn heads on the ship. She was a doll no issues what-so-ever. On the down side DD said that although she loved the cruise, she did regret not being able to do the things she usually enjoyed on the ship, because she had the baby. I mean she spent a lot of time in the cabin for naps and early night time. Feeding may also be an issue. My Grand ate everything but some little ones are funny when their routines are changed.

If I were you I would go for it. The memories and pictures you will have are going to be priceless. Even if it is a little inconvenient it will work out. Good Luck and Have Fun.

I have heard about this before and also wondered where the water was going to come from and secondly, where are you going to put the water when you're done? Especially if they're in a swim diaper.

I think having a proper way to dispose of the water after a toddler in a swim diaper would be even more of a problem that the pool taking up too much room. It would be a long way to walk to a toilet with an awkward pool and you couldn't dump it overboard, and you sure couldn't dump it in a regular pool. I wonder where people have dumped it in the past?

I think having a proper way to dispose of the water after a toddler in a swim diaper would be even more of a problem that the pool taking up too much room. It would be a long way to walk to a toilet with an awkward pool and you couldn't dump it overboard, and you sure couldn't dump it in a regular pool. I wonder where people have dumped it in the past?

It's usually only one or two small buckets full of water and easily carried to the rest room. Additionally there are deck drains, and a grooved area ( not sure what it's called ) on the outer edge of the deck to carry away water from the rain and mopping etc. The staff will tell her where to dispose of the used water.

i think when people talk about taking a small blow up pool its for the balcony.

I cant imagine where a person would put a pool out on the pool area. Chairs are smack right next to each other with minimum walking space.

Lets talk about how slippery that floor is when wet.

and how crowded will it be so you can find a chair--let alone an area for a pool

--

we sailed with an 18 month old-- never missed swimming-heck we never even saw the pools. we had a ball with her onboard and would never think of leaving her behind on any of our vacations.

i think when people talk about taking a small blow up pool its for the balcony.

I cant imagine where a person would put a pool out on the pool area. Chairs are smack right next to each other with minimum walking space.

Lets talk about how slippery that floor is when wet.

and how crowded will it be so you can find a chair--let alone an area for a pool

--

we sailed with an 18 month old-- never missed swimming-heck we never even saw the pools. we had a ball with her onboard and would never think of leaving her behind on any of our vacations.

I agree, I don't think the pool deck is the right place, but the deck above is fine. They have loungers and chairs for the grown-ups and there is plenty of space.

Warning: A sense of humour is required before reading this post.

Rather you than me taking a Terrible Two on vacation, let alone a cruise. Ours were feral at that age (angels now of course) but if you make extensive use of the kiddie klub you should get some respite :D. I think setting up a pool complete with pump and filter by the bar is excellent parenting so go for it!!!

Whether you agree with the OP or not, there's no reason to be rude. A polite "I don't think that's a good idea" followed by why it's not a good idea would probably be better received and take about the same amount of time to type.

Heck maybe you can set it up in the dining room, that way LO can be entertained during dinner.

I think you are right..trust me, people will beg for the pool after one dinner of enduring her loud screeching if she is cranky.....

Whether you agree with the OP or not, there's no reason to be rude. A polite "I don't think that's a good idea" followed by why it's not a good idea would probably be better received and take about the same amount of time to type.

This is easy compared to a pregnancy birth board with crazy, pshyco hormonal moms to be.....that was scary:eek:

First of all, I say do what you want as long as your little one is off to the side and out of harms way.

However, about the pool in the dining room.....reminds me of our last cruise. Day one, we're on the Liberty eating in the buffet area. A father takes his little toddler girl, lays her on the floor and changes her poopy diaper right in the middle between all the tables without a thought. :eek:

I say take it, there is lots of room on the Serenity deck ;). Seriously though, it sounds like a great idea. As a fellow cruiser, I would not be upset to see this at all. Have a fabulous time!

As another poster mentioned, will you be able to enjoy your cruise if you bring your LO? If you are flying to the port, think of the extra luggage you will need for a toddler. If she is anything like our boys were, they go through more clothes in a day than an adult does in a week. Personally, I would wait until she is a little older.

Archived