Last minute advice

We are leaving on friday to start our vacation and will be getting on the SOS on monday. Does anyone have any last minute advice? Suggestions?

And we will be driving from Ohio to Port Canaveral. Does anyone have any good suggestions on things to do on the way down since we will have 3 days to do whatever?

Any advice would be great! 3 days to go!!!!!!!!Woooohooooo!!!!!!!:D

*Take white vinegar (and cotton balls) for sunburn relief...really does work.

*Take a pair of long pants and a sweater the evenings are very cool with the ocean breeze.

*Take less clothes than you think necessary. We changed our clothes so many times that sometimes you only had things on for an hour before you changed again. For instance breakfast you could wear your swimsuit and cover up to the casual dining then off to Coco Cay, then back and shower Fresh clothes #1, then a little rest, then time for dinner fresh clothes #2, then time for a breezy evening on deck or in a club fresh clothes #3. I came home with one entire suitcase of clean clothes...

Have a great time!

We just returned and I took way, way too much stuff. It seemed I spent all my time looking for stuff. I know there is a big list of things you "might" need but I didn't use most of them. I did find the over the door hanging pockets handy, also the night light. Other than that, I didn't use much of what I took.

I've heard that Stone Mountain is nice (near Atlanta) but unfortunately haven't been there myself. They have a laser light show in the evenings.

If you get to Cocoa Beach, it's kind of nice to spend the day. We had a nice pool at our hotel and it wasn't terribly busy. The pool and hot tub on the ship seemed always to be packed.

If you haven't seen St. Augustine, it's nice to see. There is a historical area there that has been preserved and the architecture is Spanish.

Gail

dlbutler5.......I live in Columbus, Ohio...there is no way we could make it to florida in one day....especially if we leave at noon....and why rush?.....thanks for all the advise....i def. have like 50 tank tops and such in my bag but you never know what you might want to wear!...I just have one question....In a lot of posts people say to bring duck tape....what is this used for?...I was confused.:confused:

The best tip I read before our cruise was to bring a hilighter to help keep track of things you wanted to do onboard. We brought a few and it was really a great help.

I also put together a small 1/2inch flexible binder with port of call info and coupons, email confirmations of tours, etc. I put an envelope in the back that kept our birth certs and passports. I used a ziplock bag inside the binder for pens and hilighters.

We didn't take the binder into ports. We kept it in the room and used it for reference. We also added receipts and the previous days compass to it and now we have a bit of a scrapbook/souvenier of our trip.

***Tip I wish I would have followed: MARKING OUR LUGGAGE!

Sher

I did take but not use the duct tape. It would be useful should your zipper break (from over packing on the way home). I didn't use it, luckily. I did not use the over the door hanger. There were plenty of places for your basic necessities. There is a vanity on the desk in the room with about 3 or 4 shelves on each side of the mirror. The desk also had about 8 drawers, very small. The closet was good size with shelves from ceiling to floor. There were 2 of us and had plenty of space. Also we were on deck 3 and there was no safe. Under the bed was plenty of storage.

Are you on a four day or five day? Seems like a lot of driving for such a short cruise, but of course that is up to you. For not much more money, you could have probably done a seven day and flown to florida pretty cheaply. We are paying $78.00 one way from Miami to Philadelphia in October.

I think your trip sounds like a lovely week. ;)

Be sure and stop in the mountains someplace - TN, NC - and catch the sights. Either stop off in Charelston, SC or Savannah, GA and take a historical tour.

Have a great trip! My DD was just on the SOS and loved it!

we are on the 4 night....we planned on stopping in hilton head for a day or 2 and then to port canaveral....all of the flights i checked were expensive....and i love going on long road trips....i think we're leaving friday because we are so excited we just wanna leave!:D

Half the clothes, twice the money....

a camera, film, batteries, an open mind.

Skip HH, I agree...Charleston & Savannah are better...actually Savannah is by HH so you could do both...1 night each!

A fold up tote cause you will buy stuff and have no place to put it!

have fun......don't plan too much.......read the Compass......you will have a great trip.

Archived