Persian Gardens questions

breezepark

I have seen on the boards that a pass might be available for purchase for non-aqua class passengers. anyone with info? also, one post mentioned the Miilenium did not have the heated stone chairs but only benches - can anyone confirm amenities on Miilenium? I do plan to try and tour as soon as onboard, but appreciate any advance information.

Persian Gardens is intended for Aqua class. However, you can buy one of limited number (I believe 30) of guest packages for the duration of the cruise (99-129 depending upon the length of the cruise. We used it last cruise when we were in Aqua and loved it. You will too.

Persian Gardens is intended for Aqua class. However, you can buy one of limited number (I believe 30) of guest packages for the duration of the cruise (99-129 depending upon the length of the cruise. We used it last cruise when we were in Aqua and loved it. You will too.

Persian Gardens have be around a lot longer than Aqua class. We bought the week pass for Persian Gardens a few years ago but would not do it again. The rooms were nice but we did not get our monies worth out of them with a port intensive cruise. On the first day they run a special on the week package.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer my own questions after sailing, in case anyone seaches for same thing : the Millienium persian gardens are completely interior, no view, and only have heated stone benches, no loungers. passes were available, but I did not feel they were worth the cost. What I did NOT know until late in the cruise, was that there is a lovely sauna with a big window in the bathroom/changing room just before the spa area, also accesssed from the thalassotherapy pool area. This i would have used if i had known about it sooner!

I have seen on the boards that a pass might be available for purchase for non-aqua class passengers. anyone with info? also, one post mentioned the Miilenium did not have the heated stone chairs but only benches - can anyone confirm amenities on Miilenium? I do plan to try and tour as soon as onboard, but appreciate any advance information.

On the Solstice and Silhouette they sell a day pass for $20 or $99 for the 7 day cruise for non-AQ class guests.

I believe Elite members receive a complementary pass on a port day.

Yep-- it's in your coupon sheet. We'll probably stick to that, in the future. We bought the Persian Garden cruise-long pass on our Century to Hawaii cruise, thinking that we would use it more than we did. Also, I was very ticked off to see that they added a 15% "service charge" to the bill. Normally, I don't mind paying a service charge, when there are services involved -- but just to use the facilities in the Persian Garden -- really?! :rolleyes:

We love the Persian Gardens on the S class. Sailed on The Summit in AQ and was really disappointed in the Persain Gardens on that ship. If we sail again on the Summit we will probably book a regular balcony unless AQ is not much more. Blu was the only benefit of AQ on the Summit and unless it is a super deal we will save the money to dine in the specialty restaurants.

While sitting in the Persian Gardens on the Summit a young lady came in and sat down long enough to have a short conversation. She said she won a excursion and it was canceled because of lack of interest. They gave her a pass to the Persian Gardens in lieu of. She left and said that she was glad that she didn't waste her own money for it and was not too happy about the time lost to use it. She said that she could understand why the place was empty.

We used it twice. First time because we were looking towards it after enjoying it on the Solstice, 2nd time to see if we would have a different opinion from the first time. Never went back. Save your money.

On our first Celebrity cruise, which was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, we got talked into buying access to the Persian Gardens when we toured the spa facilities on embarkation day. Because we were in a celebratory mood, we threw fiscal caution out the window. We paid something like $99 each and only used it three or four times. We were told that only the 100 people who bought the package could use it to keep the area uncrowded, but it was clear that because the entry door wasn't easily visible from the spa sales counter, people were sneaking in. We regretted wasting the money, instead should have done what most people were doing - sneaking in. No one ever checked to see if people were paying customers or not. That's $200 we threw away on a wasted feature.

We used our Elite coupons on Century and Infinity. Infinity was a dark interior space. Century's Persian Garden was more open and sunnier, but neither of them were impressive.

The heated recliners and benches are no big deal. The steam rooms (my main reason for being there) are co-ed. I much prefer to wrap myself in a big towel and steam away. A steam bath in a swim suit is just silly.

I would not pay for Persian Gardens.

We love the Persian Gardens on the S class. Sailed on The Summit in AQ and was really disappointed in the Persain Gardens on that ship. If we sail again on the Summit we will probably book a regular balcony unless AQ is not much more. Blu was the only benefit of AQ on the Summit and unless it is a super deal we will save the money to dine in the specialty restaurants.

While sitting in the Persian Gardens on the Summit a young lady came in and sat down long enough to have a short conversation. She said she won a excursion and it was canceled because of lack of interest. They gave her a pass to the Persian Gardens in lieu of. She left and said that she was glad that she didn't waste her own money for it and was not too happy about the time lost to use it. She said that she could understand why the place was empty.

We used it twice. First time because we were looking towards it after enjoying it on the Solstice, 2nd time to see if we would have a different opinion from the first time. Never went back. Save your money.

I feel the same way

On our first Celebrity cruise, which was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, we got talked into buying access to the Persian Gardens when we toured the spa facilities on embarkation day. Because we were in a celebratory mood, we threw fiscal caution out the window. We paid something like $99 each and only used it three or four times. We were told that only the 100 people who bought the package could use it to keep the area uncrowded, but it was clear that because the entry door wasn't easily visible from the spa sales counter, people were sneaking in. We regretted wasting the money, instead should have done what most people were doing - sneaking in. No one ever checked to see if people were paying customers or not. That's $200 we threw away on a wasted feature.

How can you sneak in when door is always locked?

We just returned from the Summit. We had purchased the weekly couples pass for $179. Although we did find it to be a relaxing spot on the ship, there are lots of relaxing spots on the ship and I am not sure it was worth the added expense. It was a bit odd to have to walk through a public hallway to go from the changing room to the thermal area. And we did hear from several others that they had not paid but instead just walked right in - the door was rarely shut and never locked.

We would likely not make this purchase a second time (unless enhancements were made).

I too much prefer the S-Class version of the Persian Gardens with the nice individual heated loungers and awesome ocean views. We used our Elite coupon for a pass while on Millennium and my wife and I got bored after about 15 minutes and left. Glad we did not pay money for the M-Class version of the Gardens. The door was not locked the day we went and only one other person was there aside from my wife and I.

We have done the Persian Gardens on our last 3 cruises. At first loved it. The ice machine soft music etc. On our last cruise on the Infinity last fall it was really not worth it. Ice machine not working, no music and most of the locks on lockers broken. When we talked to the spa gals they were disinterested in the problem and never got back to us. We asked several times and never an answer. This was a 17 day cruise so you would think in that time they could get the music fixed. Finally at dinner one night we happened to mention it to the hotel director and the next day we had a credit on our account. I know it is a lease department but still should hold up to the X standards. Don't think I would spend the money on it again.

Thanks for the comments, as I am now looking at an S-class cruise. Agree M- class not worth it. Originally asked the question because I adored the cloud 9 spa on carnival. Sounds like S-class might be similar. anyone ever been in both Carvnival Cloud 9 and Celebrity S class spas? How do they compare?

Thanks for the comments, as I am now looking at an S-class cruise. Agree M- class not worth it. Originally asked the question because I adored the cloud 9 spa on carnival. Sounds like S-class might be similar. anyone ever been in both Carvnival Cloud 9 and Celebrity S class spas? How do they compare?

How is Cloud 9? We booked one of those cabins because my wife loves the Persian Gardens on the S class. Also like the no smoking on the Cloud 9 balconies. What are the other benefits that are worth the extra?

Thanks

Cloud 9 on the Magic has the thalassotherapy pool, heated stone loungers in a warm room, hot room, and steam room. there are 2 steam rooms, 2 dry. vast windows. Other advantage to me was the spa rooms are only a few steps from the short front elevator which takes you to the fitness level, spa level, and the Adults-only Serenity deck w/bar for sunbathing and hot tub. Very easy to dash back and forth to the cabin, and did not have to trek through large areas of the ship half asleep in the mornings. Spa rooms also have upgraded amenities, and when I went included 2 fitness classes (which alas I did not use). If you look at the cost of a weekly pass for a couple ($249) then the additional cost for the spa room which includes spa access is not that much more. Hope this helps.

Archived