Off site parking in Tampa

BeccaBecca1713

Did you book your parking on-line, and if so, what kind of receipt did you get? Do you show this to the parking attendant? I found out that you can also just pull in on the day of the cruise and pay the driver...anyone know about this? Are there any discount codes??? thanks for you help on these questions...

I booked thru their site :

http://www.capital-parking.com/cruise-parking.html

Looks like they've increased their prices to 7.99 per day. Eek! But still almost half off what u pay at the port.

After you book and pay online, you get a receipt emailed to you. I printed and took it but they never asked for it. Just asked our name and checked it off on their clipboard.

I assume you could pull up day of. The lot wasn't full when we were there both days. But I'm sure there's no guarantee.

I'm parking at Capital Parking Thanksgiving week. Can anyone tell me if can I drop the family and luggage off at the port before going to the parking lot? Or do we have to take our luggage from the lot on the shuttle? Same question when returning. Thanks!

I'm parking at Capital Parking Thanksgiving week. Can anyone tell me if can I drop the family and luggage off at the port before going to the parking lot? Or do we have to take our luggage from the lot on the shuttle? Same question when returning. Thanks!

It's kind of a silly question but you can do it either way. On a way back I would take advantage of the shuttle to carry your family and your luggage as the port site is very busy and heavy traffic. Have a great trip!

Edited by andrzej5914

How early do we have to book? Is the lot big enough that we don't need to book well in advance? We don't leave til January 27th but that weekend they have a Pirate Festival and most hotels are booked up. We are trying to find some hotels to leave our car there but if not we will stay in Orlando and drive down and use Capital Parking.

Admittedly I am one of those uptight people that continually worries over my car getting scratched or dinged while left alone in a parking lot. To help ease my tension , I always park out in left field as far away from other vehicles as possible.

Is the Capital Parking lot jam packed with cars or would I be able to park far away from other cars and hike to the shuttle pick up point?

Admittedly I am one of those uptight people that continually worries over my car getting scratched or dinged while left alone in a parking lot. To help ease my tension , I always park out in left field as far away from other vehicles as possible.

Is the Capital Parking lot jam packed with cars or would I be able to park far away from other cars and hike to the shuttle pick up point?

Based off their address, I'm guessing this is their lot.

capital.png

Wow! Thanks for the photo. I think that I might be better off taking my chances in the parking garage at the port. This place looks sketchy to me.

Looks worse zoomed in.

Here's the link if you want to take a look:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=45+Knights+Run+Avenue,+Tampa,+FL&hl=en&ll=27.937766,-82.451734&spn=0.00182,0.002642&sll=32.542376,-82.93008&sspn=0.157154,0.338173&oq=45+knights+run+&t=w&hnear=Knights+Run+Ave,+Tampa,+Florida+33602&z=19&iwloc=A

Edited by gsu_paintballer

The street view of this lot is something else - thanks gsu_paintballer.

Does anybody have a photo of what this place looks like today? I'm just curious at this point. After checking out Capital Parking on the Better Business Bureau I think I'll look some where else to park my car.

I just picked up my car today after a week of cruising. Like Rebecca said it's surrounded by high end condos. We had 3 cars parked there with no problems. I even had 2 sets of golf clubs in the back of a minivan covered with a blanket. Van was at pick up spot within 10 mins of call - very good service. I will use again.

I used their service last week. I thought it was terrible. During both drop off and pick up there were only 2 people working - they had to drive the van and check people in and out. Neither seemed to know what was going on. The driver we had (same guy both times) complained about other guests to us as being rude, complained about his just recovering from pneumonia and how hard it was for him to pick up the luggage, complained about all the traffic and how he gets no help, etc. He would answer his cell phone while driving and then go on and on to the person on the other end of the line about how it was not safe for him to talk and drive. If it was not such a pain, it would have been funny.

Just came back on 12/3 and used Capital parking and service was excellent.....driver picked up and stowed luggage and when I told him our bag was heavy, he said no problem he is use to it....picked us up within 5-7 minutes of our call. Will certainly use again. don't let the look of the lot confuse you...very safe....

Just came back on 12/3 and used Capital parking and service was excellent.....driver picked up and stowed luggage and when I told him our bag was heavy, he said no problem he is use to it....picked us up within 5-7 minutes of our call. Will certainly use again. don't let the look of the lot confuse you...very safe....

On the way home now. Agree 100% with this review.

On the way home now. Agree 100% with this review.

To expand on this:

We found the lot very easily using the address provided on the confirmation. Once we pulled in, we were quickly directed to a parking space by the attendant. The van pulled over to us to load luggage and were immediately off to the port.

When we got off this morning, I called the number on the card provided as soon as we stepped out of the port. He told me he'd be there in five minutes, and he pulled up a minute or two after we got to the place we were told to meet.

No problems at all with Capital Parking and I would most definitely use them again.

• 1 month later...