Off site parking in Tampa

BeccaBecca1713

Capital is great used them several times/ Fenced property and gated right across from upscale condos and hotels. Pick up service excellent/ Keep your keys with you. Great folks over there and it beats cruise port by a mile/I just booked them aqgain for December.

So after using them, I would definitely recommend them. The driver wasn't overly friendly, but only $20 for parking vs. $75, don't really care. I did tip the driver $15 as my wife brought an abundance of luggage as it was her first cruise! She knows better next time. :)

Update: I just reserved for my October 7-day cruise. Total including tax: $29.90! I would've paid over a hundred bucks at the port! They even have a promotion code "cruise4" that gives you a free day! So I only paid for 6 days! Woohoo!

I also just booked for Oct. you can't beat the price. :D Rebecca what cruise date you going we leave Oct 28th on the Carnival Legend

We used Capital Parking for our cruise in March. They were fabulous! Their parking lot is on Harbor Island, a very upscale area. It is fenced with a wood fence, so strangers aren't checking out the cars parked there. The day we were there, there was one ship leaving, so one van was operationg the shuttle service. The port is very close to the lot, so it didn't take long for him to get back to pick us up. He did say that, when three ships are docked at the same time, it can get quite crazy there. Excellent service, great savings! I will use them any tiime I'm going out of Tampa!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We did self assist as well. We got off the Legend and made our way across the street to the "pizza" shape as indicated (a 2 minute walk from the port). We stopped there, DH called the driver listed on the card and literally he showed up less than 1 minute later. Ride to the car was very minimal- 2 to 3 minutes maybe? Lot is gated and fenced. Man was nice. I was very happy!

I just spoke to a guy at Premier and he gave me directions where I'd have to get back on I4, a considerable distance.

Can you give me more specifics on where you parked? Was it Premier?

Just booked with Capital parking on Friday and used the code Cruise 4 for the discount. We will be on the Paradise Sept 13th sailing! I have never used an off site parking before (26 cruises later) but I am sick of paying so much $$$ at the port parking garages and lots!! This sounds like a GREAT deal and great reveiws and I know that area and yes it is a high end area so that reassures me as well! I ended up paying $17.09 for Thursday- Monday!!!!! Now that is a GREAT deal!!!!:D

Edited by MuffyKismet

• 2 weeks later...

We used Capital Parking for our Sept. 2 cruise. We have been home for one week and have had THREE pest control treatments on our car since it was infested by two different kinds of ants while it was parked at Capital parking. The lot was wide open and un-secured when we arrived at 10:15 am. We had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to show up. It was raining when we got back to Tampa. The lot was like a swamp, inches of water, so the van pulled up to a very, very small patch pf concrete to pull up to to get our luggage.

Sure, the price was cheap, about $30, but you get what you pay for. I would not use them again. I would rather have paid a few dollars more and not have an ant infested car.

I have used premier parking in Jacksonville. No problems. Now we are using them next month for our cruise in tampa. They just raised their price to $7.99/day. I prepaid at 3.99 before the price hike. :D

Still beats paying $15.00/day at the port.

We used Capital Parking for our Sept. 2 cruise. We have been home for one week and have had THREE pest control treatments on our car since it was infested by two different kinds of ants while it was parked at Capital parking. The lot was wide open and un-secured when we arrived at 10:15 am. We had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to show up. It was raining when we got back to Tampa. The lot was like a swamp, inches of water, so the van pulled up to a very, very small patch pf concrete to pull up to to get our luggage.

Sure, the price was cheap, about $30, but you get what you pay for. I would not use them again. I would rather have paid a few dollars more and not have an ant infested car.

This is not good. I'm thinking someone is cruising this week that was going to use Capital and we've been considering using them. I'm hoping they will come back and post their experience when they get back.

OP - sorry you had such bad luck with Capital.

Now I really don't know what to do!

We used Capitol parking in Tampa and were very happy. The lot is fenced and gated for security. We did take our car keys with us. The rate for the week was $34.00. They dropped us off at the cruise terminal before the cruise and when we got through customs on the way out we called the driver (he gave us his card) and he picked us up at the Pizza place across the street from the terminal. Great service!!

• 1 month later...

Update: got back a few weeks ago. Capital Parking was great. It's literally a vacant grassy lot with fence all around, but its smack in the middle of posh Harbour Island. It's only a minute or 2 from port. Would've seen the whale tail from the lot it not for tall buildings. The drivers both times were friendly and super efficient. And they have a clearly marked meeting point after the cruise to get shuttled back to your car. Highly recommend them for insanely cheap and safe parking!