Just returned from Freedom 5/13/12 Western

Thanks for the review. We sailed on the Freedom last December and we're counting down until our next Freedom cruise in September :D

Freedom is the only ship I've been on that seems to get better with time :p. I guarantee we end up sailing her again sometime next year.

Curious about the entertainment in the Schooner and Pub? Thanks for your info.

We were on this cruise. Didn't get to the Pub but we sat in the Schooner Bar a couple nights listening to I believe Ed the piano man. He was awesome.

My husband's goal was to make it to all the 15 bars but unfortunately or maybe fortunately he didn't. :eek:

Can you tell me a little more about Fairmont. I been to Montego Bay with DH but this time taking kids and last time said i would never get off the ship in Jamaica again, but I see you loved it.

Falmouth?

Like I said, we were very pleasantly surprised with it. We said the same thing after our experiences in Ocho Rios. I don't know a lot about the history of the port itself, but since Falmouth was built up by Royal Caribbean, it almost feels like a private island of stores and bars/restaurants until you get out of the main pier area. Jamaica is one of the only places I'd recommend only booking an excursion through the cruise line, we heard some scary stories at the DL and dinner after Falmouth.

We did the Chukka Beach Break (the one without lunch) and it was really nice because it was cheap, the beach was nice, we had safe transportation there and back, and everybody was extremely friendly. It's a private beach, so you have to book it through the cruise line.

Falmouth?

Like I said, we were very pleasantly surprised with it. We said the same thing after our experiences in Ocho Rios. I don't know a lot about the history of the port itself, but since Falmouth was built up by Royal Caribbean, it almost feels like a private island of stores and bars/restaurants until you get out of the main pier area. Jamaica is one of the only places I'd recommend only booking an excursion through the cruise line, we heard some scary stories at the DL and dinner after Falmouth.

We did the Chukka Beach Break (the one without lunch) and it was really nice because it was cheap, the beach was nice, we had safe transportation there and back, and everybody was extremely friendly. It's a private beach, so you have to book it through the cruise line.

I'd love to see photos if you get a chance and don't mind :). Thanks for the review. We will be on Freedom for Christmas this year.

Did you park at the port? If you did can you tell me how the parking is. We are trying to decide if we want to drive down in the comfy new suv or bring the smaller car. If the spaces are pretty squishy we probably should bring the smaller car. Thanks!

Rahul is usually really good. It could be that he needs to get to know you, seems like the more we cruise with him, the friendlier he becomes.

I agree. The first time that we sailed with him I wasn't sure about his personality. We have since cruised 3 times with him with our 4th and 5th coming up. My feeling is that he is overwhelmed the first and second nights. After that he relaxes and is really a nice guy. Can't wait to see him again. Happy Cruising!

Did you park at the port? If you did can you tell me how the parking is. We are trying to decide if we want to drive down in the comfy new suv or bring the smaller car. If the spaces are pretty squishy we probably should bring the smaller car. Thanks!

We took the Tahoe and the spaces were fine. I like parking in the covered garage at the port so I know my car is safe and out of the elements. I think it was $120 for the week. Money well spent.

We took the Tahoe and the spaces were fine. I like parking in the covered garage at the port so I know my car is safe and out of the elements. I think it was $120 for the week. Money well spent.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I wanted to hear. :)

Archived