walk me thru it...if you have done it!

nearing 2 free 7 day cruises with boa credit card..would love to do it over nye on allure

these are really expensive cruises-any $ limit-do they assign lowest(cheapest) ov's? can you then pay the diff. to upgrade to a bal.-can you get the d+discount(just asking!) do you get the cruising credit? do ta's want to deal with this-any obc possible...lots of questions-any answers?????

The maximum value is $2,500, so you would have to pay any difference if the price is higher than that or if you want to upgrade. I believe you get cruise credits if you pay anything at all. I can't imagine anyone wanting to give you OBC for a free cruise - I don't think travel agents can earn a commission on a free cruise - but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think the balcony discount is not combinable with the free cruise.

nearing 2 free 7 day cruises with boa credit card..would love to do it over nye on allure

these are really expensive cruises-any $ limit-do they assign lowest(cheapest) ov's? can you then pay the diff. to upgrade to a bal.-can you get the d+discount(just asking!) do you get the cruising credit? do ta's want to deal with this-any obc possible...lots of questions-any answers?????

Unfortunately I don't think you can use the free cruise credits for Christmas or NYE cruises.

I just did this a few days ago for two free four night cruises.

I simply called RCCL and told them what I wanted. The agent led me through the process and answered all my questions.

It's probably the simplest way to go rather than piecemeal answers here.

Unfortunately I don't think you can use the free cruise credits for Christmas or NYE cruises.

I just cashed mine in and I'm pretty sure I remember this as well. Not applicable on Christmas or New Years.

This is correct.

They will use the least expensive OV to calculate the cost. Max is $2500. You will get credit if you pay any $$$. If the min. OV comes to $1700 they will deduct $1700 from your bottom line.

Did a 7 day on Allure with 'free cruise' points. Important point is that they use price of OV _as of the date you booked_. This sometimes makes a difference if there have been price changes. We purposely chose Allure to maximize the value of our points - we wouldn't have paid 'rack rate' prices for that ship. Turned out that we just about cut the price of our JS in half - the 'credit' for the points was worth over $2300. We were happy.

Archived