Ginger after dinner - recipe?

footlooseFF

The acupuncture therapist onboard the Zuiderdam told me that if you suffer from seasickness you should start eating ginger 6 weeks before your cruise (he said as much as you can) and it will prevent motion sickness. I'm not certain I would chance it without a Bonine backup, but ginger in all forms, including gingerale, definitely helps me keep the nausea at bay. Also green apples and crackers and keeping food on my stomach.

Thanks for the recipes - it seems like the Yum Yum ginger we had in March definitely had syrup on it. It wasn't as sweet as candied ginger you get in the store and wasn't dry. For those who like ginger - here's a refreshing drink with fresh ginger that was served at the Naples Grande hotel in Florida in their lobby ... excellent in the summertime!

One half gallon of orange juice

2 cups pineapple juice

3 ozs of fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)

Blend ginger with2 cups of lemonade in a blender

Mix, strain & serve

Thanks for this recipe, which I have printed, sounds refreshing for a summers day.

If you really want to enjoy something decadent and you have access to a Sees candy store, they make a dark chocolate covered candied ginger. This is absoloutely my favorite candy. Careful - it is unbelievably addictive :)

Finally tried the candied ginger recipe ... It's easy and reasonably quick. I didn't sugar the ginger but left it in the syrup and put it in the fridge. I cut back on the sugar and added some grated lemon zest and a hint to vanilla. Yum!

Archived