Time-lapse of Carnival Valor Caribbean Cruise, April 28 - May 6, 2012

We're overwhelmed by all the responses, thank you so much!! We're so glad everyone is enjoying it :)

Absolutly Beautiful!!!

So how long do you have to be in one spot to get the shots he had?

Each time-lapse was anywhere between 30 minutes - 1 hour I'd say. It depends how fast things are moving, and how long you want the time-lapse to last.

Yeah don't you wish they'd move that fast getting on the boat and at the buffet!

Hahaha yes!!! :p

That was AMAZING!!! How many hours did he have his camera recording for?

Each time-lapse took on average between 30 minutes - 1 hour to shoot, taking a photo every 1 second (not video ;))

Darn, it won't open. Just a list of things to choose from...can't see it.

I had the exact same problem. Solved it by closing IE and using firefox. Works everytime.;)

Absolutely amazing!! I have 30 days left to keep watching until my next cruise!

Fantastic job! Congratulations!

I recently bought an intervalometer for my Canon Digital Rebel so that I could do this exact same thing.

The one thing I can't figure out is...

In a few of the sequences, you can see that the camera is panning. How did you do that so it came out smooth? Were you just manually moving the camera a tiny amount between each shot? I would think that would be hard to do with just one second between shots. Also, I would think that it would end up looking jerky, because you probably wouldn't move it the exact same amount between each shot. So, it seems like you must have had the camera on some kind of tripod that was panning very slowly.

Please tell me the secret behind the very smooth panning!

Fantastic job! Congratulations!

I recently bought an intervalometer for my Canon Digital Rebel so that I could do this exact same thing.

The one thing I can't figure out is...

In a few of the sequences, you can see that the camera is panning. How did you do that so it came out smooth? Were you just manually moving the camera a tiny amount between each shot? I would think that would be hard to do with just one second between shots. Also, I would think that it would end up looking jerky, because you probably wouldn't move it the exact same amount between each shot. So, it seems like you must have had the camera on some kind of tripod that was panning very slowly.

Please tell me the secret behind the very smooth panning!

Awesome!! All of the panning, zooming and tilting was done in post using Final Cut Pro. They actually make dollys/sliders to move/pan the camera slightly during a time-lapse using a controller/timer (we have a Kessler Pocket Dolly that can do this) but creating the movement in post works well too... especially when you don't want to lug a big ole slider with you on vacation LOL! :D

Archived