Time-lapse of Carnival Valor Caribbean Cruise, April 28 - May 6, 2012

My husband shot a series of time-lapses during our cruise aboard the Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruise, April 28 - May 6, 2012, departing from Miami with stops in Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Here's the video he put together of all the time-lapses!:

Thanks for sharing.I'M sure that your movie took a lot of planning.

My husband shot a series of time-lapses during our cruise aboard the Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruise, April 28 - May 6, 2012, departing from Miami with stops in Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Here's the video he put together of all the time-lapses!:

https://vimeo.com/42646525

That is most definitely one of The Coolest Things I Have Ever Seen!

I love how the film speed slows down at a few key points (on the beach with the feet in the tide, when it begins to rain). And I loved when the boats in port looked like they were dancing!

So very cool - thank you for sharing!

The key point of doing time lapse photography is getting a camera with an interval timer. This allows one to take photos at intervals (e.g. every five seconds).

Ya put the camera on a tripod, set the focus to infinity, set the exposure metering on auto and turn it on. The camera will take a picture at the designated interval until either a) the battery runs out of juice or b) your memory card is full. One can then use software on the internet for free to combine the still photos into a movie file (mpg/avi).

While one can spend several thousand dollars (the Canon 5D MKII goes for about 2K), there are some Point & Shoot cameras that have the interval feature for much less, I am using a Ricoh GX100 I got for $150 on eBay, which is a perfectly usable P&S with enough SLR type features to keep me happy.

Finally as others have mentioned, the web site TimeScapes is a great place to start.

Very cool!! That was a lot of shots. Thanks for sharing. :)

https://vimeo.com/42646525

That was freakin' amazing! Thank you!

my husband shot a series of time-lapses during our cruise aboard the carnival valor eastern caribbean cruise, april 28 - may 6, 2012, departing from miami with stops in grand turk, puerto rico, st. Maarten and st. Thomas. Here's the video he put together of all the time-lapses!:

amazing!!!!!

Archived