msc opera ship visit

seabourndt

i booked this thjrough msc cruises and paid £15 boarded the ship yesterday in soton, after there were 2 different queues and nobody to tell which was which. we finally boarded the ship saw lots of nice public areas was told we were alloewed to smoke cigars inside in these areas aND THERE waas a cigar room i never saw it and do not think there is one! had a 7 course lunch wioth wine. at no point was told we could not see any cabins, i was prpomised a new brochure as i am on divina on sundsaY, THhen i find others booked via thomas cook for £10. also told that6 tap water ius available for dinner was not given this option. i cetrtainlty hope my cruise on sunday ius a lot better. a lot of extras like ice crream and coffee.

dave

Just so I have this right, you paid 15 pounds for a 7 course lunch with wine and you are complaining that you didn't get tap water?

also told that6 tap water ius available for dinner was not given this option

Did you ask?

we finally boarded the ship saw lots of nice public areas was told we were alloewed to smoke cigars inside in these areas Is this a good thing or a bad thing? aND THERE waas a cigar room i never saw it and do not think there is one!

So because you didn't see it, it must not be there?

You probably didn't see the engine room so maybe they don't have that either.:rolleyes:

It seems likeyou are looking for things to complain about.:(

If you go on your cruise with that attitude of looking for things to disappoint you, you are sure to find them.

I hope you have a great cruise anyway.

Lois

The Opera only has free tap water around the clock in the buffet area but you usually can get it at the table if you ask your waiter on sailings from the UK.

Definitely no separate cigar room on the Opera, or at least I've nevr found it during the 84 nights I've spent onboard her. You can smoke whatever you like in the Sotto Vento on deck 5 though. The larger ship's do have a cigar room.

I would not expect free ice cream dispensers on the Divina. They just don't do this (except on saplings out of the US). you can get free ice creM at lunch and dinner in the MDR.

They have recently introduced free coffee on all their fleet and it's available 24 hours but only from the buffet area. Coffe in the barsnis extra cost (and sooo much better than the free stuff IMO, but then I do like my espresso and am not a fan of American style coffee)

thanks amondo for clearing a lot pof my question up. i ask msc rep about tap water i will see what is there today when i board. i am complaining not about a 7 course lunch champagne or wine but the idea of a ship visit is to seell cruises to people who habve noty cruises before. having no litreture is very unual and finding others only paid £10 in fact msc did not even tell me about my money going onto thios cruise. as i have done 57 cuiises i am negative to certain things i do not go looking for thingds to complain about

dave

thanks amondo for clearing a lot pof my question up. i ask msc rep about tap water i will see what is there today when i board. i am complaining not about a 7 course lunch champagne or wine but the idea of a ship visit is to seell cruises to people who habve noty cruises before. having no litreture is very unual and finding others only paid £10 in fact msc did not even tell me about my money going onto thios cruise. as i have done 57 cuiises i am negative to certain things i do not go looking for thingds to complain about

dave

Well to be frank, if they did give you literature, you'd probably struggle to read it anyway. Instead of moaning, perhaps you could have provided them with feedback? Equally, you could have asked one of the many crew members who would no doubt be happy to assist.

http://www.learndirect.co.uk/qualifications/adult-literacy-english/?CMP=ps_sfl_eng

Well to be frank, if they did give you literature, you'd probably struggle to read it anyway. Instead of moaning, perhaps you could have provided them with feedback? Equally, you could have asked one of the many crew members who would no doubt be happy to assist.

http://www.learndirect.co.uk/qualifications/adult-literacy-english/?CMP=ps_sfl_eng

I applaud you!;)

Archived