queen victoria suite number 10.001? on QM2

spursdebs

Hi we are thinking of booking this suite for a transatlantic crossing, has anyone recently stayed in this suite? i am trying to get as much information as possible before i commit to the trip.

Thanks Deb

Stateroom 10.001 on the QM2 is called the "Queen Victoria Suite". Sorry, I can't comment on this suite since we've only traveled in Britannia class. But hopefully this helps clear up any confusion as to which ship the OP is talking about.

Your post title is confusing - are your to travel on QM2 or QV? The two ships have entirely different deck arrangements.

Hi really confusing ? queen victoria suite on the QM2, any way as previous poster has said yes queen victoria suite on the queen mary2, and yes i am aware that the ships are different, all i wanted to know is has anyone been in said suite?

thanks deb

Your post title is confusing - are your to travel on QM2 or QV? The two ships have entirely different deck arrangements.

Hi really confusing ? queen victoria suite on the QM2, any way as previous poster has said yes queen victoria suite on the queen mary2, and yes i am aware that the ships are different, all i wanted to know is has anyone been in said suite?

thanks deb

The last passengers that I know were in that suite were the Ex US President George Bush and his wife, daughter and grand-daughter.

I have been in those two front suites at various times for visits, but I would not book them because of the lack of balcony and the layout is very strange. It is sort of long and narrow and seems a lot of weird corners and waste space.

The lack of a balcony is probably not such a problem on a transatlantic. However, I can't get over the fact the layout seems a bit of a maze. One benefit is that you can see all the ships ahead of the QM2 so it is a good location for "ship spotters". However, all blinds on these cabins are closed early at night so that the light does not reflect back into the Bridge, similar to in the Commodore Club.

I have been in those two front suites at various times for visits, but I would not book them because of the lack of balcony and the layout is very strange. It is sort of long and narrow and seems a lot of weird corners and waste space.

The lack of a balcony is probably not such a problem on a transatlantic. However, I can't get over the fact the layout seems a bit of a maze. One benefit is that you can see all the ships ahead of the QM2 so it is a good location for "ship spotters". However, all blinds on these cabins are closed early at night so that the light does not reflect back into the Bridge, similar to in the Commodore Club.

Louise D, I have to agree with you about the lack of balcony being a draw back; I'd rather have a balcony too. Also would not enjoy having a cabin with black-out drapes needed to be in place every night, while paying dearly for such an accomodation. But to each his or her own :)

BTW, I see what you mean about the layout. http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Accomodation/Queen-Grill-Suite/Royal-Suites/

Perhaps these suites are attractive because they allow for enhanced security?

Thankfully, I am only a rower.

:) Salacia

Hi Salacia,

I don't think there is any better security around those cabins. Anyone can walk into the vestibule area on deck 10 for cabins 10002/10004 and 10001/10003.

I suppose a celebrity or politician could position a hired security guard in the vestibule to stop people entering the area, but I have never seen that done.

Another thing that is weird about those cabins is that there are three televisions but only one bed. Why do they need three televisions? It would have been better to put in another small bedroom so that a group of, say three, could travel together without having to book another cabin. I am not sure if one of the sofas converts to a bed, but that is not really a good option if you are booking a top suite.

thanks deb

Deb, in answer to your question, "all I wanted to know is has anyone been in said suite", I feel confident in answering (based on previous posts and the basic rule that ships don't sail with empty staterooms) Yes, someone has been in said suite. :) Regards, -S.

The last passengers that I know were in that suite were the Ex US President George Bush and his wife, daughter and grand-daughter.

Former President George H.W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, their daughter and grand daughter all shared the Queen Victoria Suite?? As Louise D mentioned, there is only one bed and one sofa (see diagram http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Accomodation/Queen-Grill-Suite/Royal-Suites/

Not that I doubt you capnpugwash, I'm just a bit suprised, considering the publicity generated http://www.cunard.com/About-Cunard-Line/News-Room/Press-Information/Queen-Mary-2/?art=8862

Former President George H.W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, their daughter and grand daughter all shared the Queen Victoria Suite?? As Louise D mentioned, there is only one bed and one sofa Not that I doubt you capnpugwash, I'm just a bit suprised

Like you, I don't doubt the cap'n either, not with his knowledge and experience, I was informed that the Bush family had the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria Suites. Maybe my source (passenger) was mistaken.

Deb, in answer to your question, "all I wanted to know is has anyone been in said suite", I feel confident in answering (based on previous posts and the basic rule that ships don't sail with empty staterooms) Yes, someone has been in said suite. :) Regards, -S.

haha that amsued me, thanks to everyone else i did wonder about the balcony bit, my mum liked the idea of being at the front of ship, but i would be hard pressed to spend all that money and no balcony!

so i now need to pick another suite that is disabled friendly better get the deck plans back out for another look.

deb

Like you, I don't doubt the cap'n either, not with his knowledge and experience, I was informed that the Bush family had the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria Suites. Maybe my source (passenger) was mistaken.

Hi pepperrn. I hope that was the case...otherwise I'd suggest they get a new 'travel agent' in the hope of securing better accomodations :) Regards, Salacia

...otherwise I'd suggest they get a new 'travel agent' in the hope of securing better accomodations :) Regards, Salacia

Salacia, I agree! At least, unlike me, they don't have to take time at the oars... :) . Best wishes.

Hi we are thinking of booking this suite for a transatlantic crossing, has anyone recently stayed in this suite? i am trying to get as much information as possible before i commit to the trip.

Thanks Deb

We've not stayed in it, but have toured the inside. It is really very nice. Almost the size of say, the Holyrood Suite, but on one level. Very elegant. You'll have more pitching due to the postion up front. But you'll also have a great outdoor deck with splendid views.I'd say go for it!

We had this suite on the fifth anniversary tour around Brittain. Its nice enough, but I would not book it again. There is no balcony, You have to lower the blinds at sunset to avoid blinding the bridge, and its a handicapped suite. Ok if you need one, but a bit inconvenient if you dont.

We had this suite on the fifth anniversary tour around Brittain. Its nice enough, but I would not book it again. There is no balcony, You have to lower the blinds at sunset to avoid blinding the bridge, and its a handicapped suite. Ok if you need one, but a bit inconvenient if you dont.

yes we do need a disabled suite, but have decided against this one because of the resons you have stated, think we are going with suite 8130 now, there is not to much choice when you need a disabled suite.

deb

Former President George H.W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, their daughter and grand daughter all shared the Queen Victoria Suite?? As Louise D mentioned, there is only one bed and one sofa (see diagram http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Accomodation/Queen-Grill-Suite/Royal-Suites/

Not that I doubt you capnpugwash, I'm just a bit suprised, considering the publicity generated http://www.cunard.com/About-Cunard-Line/News-Room/Press-Information/Queen-Mary-2/?art=8862

We were around the corner and aft from the Bush party on Deck 10, and they certainly had accommodations in that Queen Victoria Suite/Queen Elizabeth Suite corner. I'd guess probably both suites. The Secret Service folks were posted at the vestibule entrance, and they lived and worked in the inside cabins a few feet away . . . actually, right next to the laundromat, and they were very willing to take my clothes out of the washer when clean and put them in the dryer. Or did I dream that part of it?

In any event, after seeing that YouTube posting of the Queen Anne Suite, I would much prefer the P1 cabin we had!

Archived