Wearing a backpack and taking a carry on??

maldenmusic

Will I be allowed to wear my backpack and have my carry on also at embarkation? I always come back though customs like this with all my souveniers but hadn't thought about doing it to get onboard. I'd like to put my soft drinks in the backpack. Thanks for your input.

Will I be allowed to wear my backpack and have my carry on also at embarkation? I always come back though customs like this with all my souveniers but hadn't thought about doing it to get onboard. I'd like to put my soft drinks in the backpack. Thanks for your input.

Yup...if you can carry it..you can do it.

It must be a true carry on to fit thru the x-ray machine though.:)

Thanks for the question. You have given me another option for bringing sodas on board. I was going to buy a cheap rolling duffel but now I think i'll just put them in my backpack and lace the strap around the handle of my other carry-on.

Gotta love cruise critic for all the info!

Just keep in mind that the cabins won't be ready till after 1:30 so if you board early you will be schlepping around with your bags.

yeah, I'm going to do a test run at home with a case of cokes in the backpack and see if the carry handle on the backpack will fit around the handle of the rolling carry-on I have. it might get heavy but at least it'll roll:)

Carry on what you can handle. Another good way to bring on your pop, water, or juice is to bring a bungee strap and then just strap it on the top of the carry on. This way the scanners don't have to dig through your luggage to see what is in the pop carton

Carry on what you can handle. Another good way to bring on your pop, water, or juice is to bring a bungee strap and then just strap it on the top of the carry on. This way the scanners don't have to dig through your luggage to see what is in the pop carton

I'm not sure I follow. I understand about being able to see the carton of water etc., but will he be able to lift it? Does the bungee strap serve as another handle? thanks for explaining in a minute. Do you mean just for going thru the scanner?

I'm the OP-my "carry on" is really just a large shoulder bag that serves as a purse with a ton of other stuff in it. So I can't strap something on to it. But I do want to pack sodas and bottled water in my backpack to take onboard instead of being in the bag on my shoulder. Thanks for the replies.

I'm the OP-my "carry on" is really just a large shoulder bag that serves as a purse with a ton of other stuff in it. So I can't strap something on to it. But I do want to pack sodas and bottled water in my backpack to take onboard instead of being in the bag on my shoulder. Thanks for the replies.

To make the backpack lighter you could pack the sodas in the suitcase along with some of your stuff and then put the lighter weight clothes

in the backpack. Probably easier on the back.

To make the backpack lighter you could pack the sodas in the suitcase along with some of your stuff and then put the lighter weight clothes

in the backpack. Probably easier on the back.

But Carnival now says that all sodas/water have to be put in your carry on, not your checked bags :confused:

But Carnival now says that all sodas/water have to be put in your carry on, not your checked bags :confused:

Oh, my bad. I thought OP was doing all as carryon.

I always carry on a backback and a duffle bag (long cruise) or a small suitcase (short cruise)

Once on board I bring my stuff to the room, I know the room is not secure. I tell the cabin stewart I just want to put my luggage in the room. I then go to lunch taking my backback with my valuables.

So far no problem in doing this.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 6 years later...
4 minutes ago, Hebert09 said:

Was wondering if it would be ok for my husband to carry his camo backpack ? Have read where camo  can be frowned upon ? 

Not sure how to respond to this....I think you may be referring to certain countries having a military connotation with camo? This is America, you can wear any camo thing you want...

8 minutes ago, Hebert09 said:

Was wondering if it would be ok for my husband to carry his camo backpack ? Have read where camo  can be frowned upon ? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nations_that_prohibit_camouflage_clothing

Wearing the backpack onto the ship isn't a problem.  Wearing it into some ports would be illegal.  What are your Ports of Call?

1 minute ago, Hebert09 said:

Thanks .. we really were thinking on ship but just didn’t want any problems .. we are going to western carribean

Well as long as it isn't any of the Caribbean ports on that list, he'll be fine wearing it off the ship, as well.