Guarantee Cabin Assignment

PictureChris

The quickest I've ever had was a cabin assignment as soon as my TA started the booking just to hold a cabin at the price when I asked for a quote.

The slowest reported frequently on these boards was an assignment at the pier when checking in.

... actual experience can be anything in between.

The guarantee cabin bookings let the cruise line assign the cabin based on numerous factors. Most friends who have booked this got cabin assigned at pier. Could be an upgrade, could be the basic within the category depends on vacancy rate and demand within the category. Good luck.

ChipQ. http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

I booked on Sunday and got my cabin allocation yesterday. I booked the cheapest balcony and have a C deck larger balcony cabin. I am very happy. We have always had our allocation within a week or so.

It was about 3-4 weeks after booking that we got our first cabin assignment. we turned it down and chose a lesser expensive one, as the price for all balconies had dropped.

Just recently we were upgraded to a mini-suite. Overall savings are now at $1300 below our original price for a BG GTY.

Perhaps an upgrade to a full suite is next? There is still time!:D

It was about 3-4 weeks after booking that we got our first cabin assignment. we turned it down and chose a lesser expensive one, as the price for all balconies had dropped.

Just recently we were upgraded to a mini-suite. Overall savings are now at $1300 below our original price for a BG GTY.

Perhaps an upgrade to a full suite is next? There is still time!:D

Do not laugh, 4 years ago on the Crown to NE/Canada we were upgraded from a mini suite to a Penthouse cabin one week before sailing. Found out when I went to print boarding pass and almost passed out. Am elite and booked early.

On our last back-to-back cruise (booked as 2 separate cruises), we got our cabin assigned for the first cruise, 2 weeks before the cruise. Princess waited until we were on the first cruise to assign us a cabin for the second cruise. Naturally, we didn't get the same cabin and had to move on the turnaround day. Nice upgrade though;).

I booked a guarantee cabin on the sapphire Princess. They were having a sale - book an ac, ab or aa minisuite for the same price. I booked the AA figuring that every one would opt for that and they would sell out. They did, they upgraded me to a suite. That can work in any cabin class. If the cruise is popular, the top categories will sel out and you get an upgrade. give it a try.

Art

My one and only Princess cruise we got our cabin assignment about 9 months out, shortly after we booked. And upgraded from a BG to a BA. Right after that, the BG prices had a price cut, and I realized there was a method to their madness. If we chose to take the price cut, we'd have lost the upgrade, so we stuck with what we had.

My one and only Princess cruise we got our cabin assignment about 9 months out, shortly after we booked. And upgraded from a BG to a BA. Right after that, the BG prices had a price cut, and I realized there was a method to their madness. If we chose to take the price cut, we'd have lost the upgrade, so we stuck with what we had.

This is similar as to what happened with us.

BG GTY was booked, Upgrade to a BA, but price drop at the same time on all categories below BA. Called Princess (I had booked directly) and booked a BD instead, along with a $700 price reduction. 2 more price drops later, we were upgraded to a Mini-suite. Total of over $1300 price reduction from our original BG GTY price.. Life is good. :D

Archived