Excursion Question

roothy123

I'm usually not willing to spend money on excursions unless there is something I can't or don't want to do on my own. I normally DIY, and actually enjoy venturing off on my own. However, there is one port (Gdansk) on our upcoming cruise that has an excursion I'm interested in. It's in the northern part of Gdansk, and not easy (though certainly possible) to DIY. However, the excursion is a bit limited, and I would like to stay in Gdansk to see more. Is that possible? Does anyone do it? I realize that I would be on my own in terms of getting back to the ship, and also that I would basically be paying twice to get back, but neither is a huge deal to me.

If I had a lot of money, I would just take cabs everywhere or hire a personal driver, but that's not going to be an option. Comments? Am I crazy? Will Oceania have a fit?

Is anyone on your roll call doing a private tour that you might join ?

It may it all the same spots & more

You can always tell the leader/guide that you will not be returning with the tour bus

They do a head count so they will search for missing passengers that go AWOL;)

Lyn

IIRC, there is a fairly regular and frequent train connection between Gdansk and Gdynia (where I assume your ship will dock).

It's always easier to get back to the ship than the other way around.

I am sure the guide would help you with instructions on how to get back to the ship on your own.

I'm usually not willing to spend money on excursions unless there is something I can't or don't want to do on my own. I normally DIY, and actually enjoy venturing off on my own. However, there is one port (Gdansk) on our upcoming cruise that has an excursion I'm interested in. It's in the northern part of Gdansk, and not easy (though certainly possible) to DIY. However, the excursion is a bit limited, and I would like to stay in Gdansk to see more. Is that possible? Does anyone do it? I realize that I would be on my own in terms of getting back to the ship, and also that I would basically be paying twice to get back, but neither is a huge deal to me.

If I had a lot of money, I would just take cabs everywhere or hire a personal driver, but that's not going to be an option. Comments? Am I crazy? Will Oceania have a fit?

Tour Guides are always happy to drop passengers off at a convenient location before returning to the ship, unless there is a Visa restriction (such as there may be in Russia). You won't have any problem doing so in Gdansk, in fact, the quide may suggest it as an option on the bus. ;)

Archived