So much for hoping for platinum

Looks like those of us with 8 sailed and 3 booked will have to go way back down the ladder for any chance of reaching platinum...Check attached link.. I have 49 points now with 3 cruises booked for 17 more points , so it looks like RCCL here I come, and the heck with CCL unless they do give us a break and "grandfather" us..:mad:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1640591

Im at 18 and have 5 more booked, one long one, and it looks to me like they are going to go back thru my cruises and count the days on ones that I already sailed??!! .. and then say Im further away from diamond or that 25 mark than I would be if they still counted cruises.

I kept telling people, be careful what you wish for.

I knew it would not be great news.

No offense but is it that big of a deal? I mean to change cruise lines and to start all over with another line? I am just very blessed to be able to cruise no matter what my staus is. JMO :cool:

Thats how I feel. I am upset that they are moving the past guest party, not really fair. I understand people want to see some sort of loyalty or connection with a business, especially with the amount of money people are spending but at the end of the day does it really really matter? I dont think so. I have looked into other cruise lines and am not against sailing them but I love Carnivals value and will continue to sail them in the future.

Looks like those of us with 8 sailed and 3 booked will have to go way back down the ladder for any chance of reaching platinum...Check attached link.. I have 49 points now with 3 cruises booked for 17 more points , so it looks like RCCL here I come, and the heck with CCL unless they do give us a break and "grandfather" us..:mad:

RCCL did not do any better when they converted their loyalty program. I got put back 2 levels in their new system. I had more cruises over 7 days and they were only counted as 7 days. So it seems that no matter who changes their loyalty program there are many people that will be affected in a bad way.

No offense but is it that big of a deal? I mean to change cruise lines and to start all over with another line? I am just very blessed to be able to cruise no matter what my staus is. JMO :cool:

I gotta agree with you on this. I think the change will even the playing field for all cruisers regarding loyalty points or whatever. I cruise Carnival because I get great value for my vacation dollar. Looks like I'm gold by the new standards and over halfway to platinum. I'm happy with that. Don't get credit for my first cruise since it was before they kept records, it was over 20 years ago, don't really care. I'd rather they just keep the cruise prices down and willing to forgo extra trinkets at the expense of all passengers.

didn't do past guest last cruise but if we have had 2 cruises, but only 10 said days I assume we are Red? Shows 2-4 cruise days for Red but we have 10?

:confused::confused:

Agree enough already! VIP is worthless and omg wash your clothes before you leave or pay 20 bucks???? Or even worse wash it yourself for 5 bucks! I just think its rediculous to pay thousands for a cruise and bitch about 20 to 40 bucks of worthless free crap!

But agree I like my 250 buck discount on the other line. But I cruise based on ports,price,etc....not if I get free strawberries.

The only person you impress with the color of your sail and sign card is yourself. Get over it.

Agree enough already! VIP is worthless and omg wash your clothes before you leave or pay 20 bucks???? Or even worse wash it yourself for 5 bucks! I just think its rediculous to pay thousands for a cruise and bitch about 20 to 40 bucks of worthless free crap!

But agree I like my 250 buck discount on the other line. But I cruise based on ports,price,etc....not if I get free strawberries.

The only person you impress with the color of your sail and sign card is yourself. Get over it.

Has it occured to you that by free laundry we take half the clothes we would otherwise take?

The big problem is we were told the new program would be great news for us and they took stuff away from platinum.

I concur!!

Agree enough already! VIP is worthless and omg wash your clothes before you leave or pay 20 bucks???? Or even worse wash it yourself for 5 bucks! I just think its rediculous to pay thousands for a cruise, and bitch about 20 to 40 bucks of worthless free crap!

If this is true I keep my Platinum status, I have 90 cruise days. I wish they would give double credit for those who book and cruise solo because I did pay 200% for most of the solo cruises. I would have 124 days if it was done like that. I have seven cruises where I sailed solo and only one of them was a six day....

Wishful thinking....

If this is true I keep my Platinum status, I have 90 cruise days. I wish they would give double credit for those who book and cruise solo because I did pay 200% for most of the solo cruises. I would have 124 days if it was done like that. I have seven cruises where I sailed solo and only one of them was a six day....

Wishful thinking....

Hitting the LIKE button!!!

Us solo cruises are the ones that should be complaining. I think the only cruise line that gives you more credit for cruising solo is Princess.

Has it occured to you that by free laundry we take half the clothes we would otherwise take?

The big problem is we were told the new program would be great news for us and they took stuff away from platinum.

Stu I admire you as a member but don't think you sail carnival for free laundry?

Wishful thinking....

Nope unlike other cruise lines they don't like us 200% or solos.

didn't do past guest last cruise but if we have had 2 cruises, but only 10 said days I assume we are Red? Shows 2-4 cruise days for Red but we have 10?

:confused::confused:

It actually says 2nd cruise - 24 cruise days (1-24 VIFP Points) so if you have 2 cruises with 10 days you are Red

I agree. After this summer I would have been only 1 away from Platinum under the old plan but at least I can still cruise frequently.

I am right there with ya. We have 8 cruises with 3 currently booked. We have a back-to-back booked in December and then another cruise booked for December 2013 on the Sunshine.

They better grandfather us in......:mad:

Do You know when this takes effect???

It is about more than just free laundry service or free logo gear. It is about your loyalty to a company especially when you are so close to Platinum.

For me I was most looking forward to Priority Embarkation. :rolleyes:

You are gold now and you will be gold under the new system. So what is the problem? You were almost at 10? Haven't you heard, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

By the way, I've got eight cruises and two more booked. Now I'll need three more cruises to make platinum. No sour grapes from me.

Come on, what did you expect Carnival to say? The program is too expensive, we are going to cut back.

Everyone says they are the best. They can't all be right.

I am blessed to cruise no matter also. BUT I now have no reason not to try another cruise line. Will be searching their sites for deals.

Wishful thinking....

Or at least 1.5 points each. I also cruise solo and don't like paying double and not getting anything for it. But no one said life was fair, so life goes on.

I don't really understand why so many are upset. Free laundry and a couple of watered down drinks at a past guest party is not really worth much. I'm not platnum and have only been on 3 cruises for a total of 19 days. However, I do always book a suite so I get priority on and off and it's really not anything special. I just don't see the different levesl as being worth much at all.

Archived