FF miles if you use Oceania Air??

kimanjo

I know that if you use "Choice Air" to book your flights on your Azamara cruise, you do indeed get FF miles if you are on one of your FF airlines. Choice Air is really just a TA booking air for you. I have found my flights, and called them, and then they just booked the flights I found.

Is this true with Oceania as well? Can I give them my preferred flights? Even with an air deviation fee?

How agreeable (able) are they for "custom" requests?

Thanks!

I know that if you use "Choice Air" to book your flights on your Azamara cruise, you do indeed get FF miles if you are on one of your FF airlines. Choice Air is really just a TA booking air for you. I have found my flights, and called them, and then they just booked the flights I found.

Is this true with Oceania as well? Can I give them my preferred flights? Even with an air deviation fee? YES

You may or may not have to pay an upcharge as well as the deviation fee

How agreeable (able) are they for "custom" requests?

Thanks!

Is Choice air your TA that books the flights or the cruise line?

Getting FF miles with Oceania air is a mixed bag ...some airlines will give them to you others do not

If it is important to you take the air credit & book your own flights ;)

There are several threads on the topic as well as on how the deviation works with Oceania

there is a search feature top right

Lyn

Choice air is the booking company for RCL-Azmara-Celebrity and is owned by the parent.

For most American run flights (UA,DL, AA) you will get your FF miles. It is when Oceania uses a foreign flag carrier that the issue occurs as they have the FF mileage ties to fare class and Oceania will typically book you on a V or lower fare which many times does not qualify.

As Lyn pointed out do a deviation this way for a small fee you can typically get what you want without any other charges (other than the deviation fee).

YOU NEED TO DO THIS EARLY.... On Oceania you can do this as early as 270 days before your cruise. If you booked with a TA contact them.

Archived