I feel I'm missing out

magpieman

We go away in 3 weeks on the Ventura, I opted to go green on the website because I thought it was the right thing to do. However we have had nothing from P&O regarding our holiday.

No luggage labels, no information etc.

Our tickets are on line to print out and so are the luggage labels but I would have preferred to have proper ones. I also read somewhere that someone had a booklet telling them all about their cruise and the ship, we have had nothing in the post at all. :(

If you phone up P&O they will usually send out one of the excursion booklets which have the proper luggage labels in the back. My friend had to do that as we were travelling together but live 100 miles apart and only one set was sent to me.

If you phone up P&O they will usually send out one of the excursion booklets which have the proper luggage labels in the back. My friend had to do that as we were travelling together but live 100 miles apart and only one set was sent to me.

Thanks Sharon I will give that a try.

I contacted the travel agent who phoned P&O on my behalf and the reply was that because I had opted to go green they were not able to send out hard copies of the cruise booklet or labels.

So it looks like I am stuck with self printed labels and reading the booklet on line. I would have liked a hard copy to take with me on the cruise. Oh hum, I will remember next time not to "go green".

You are missing out. The tours booklet is a very useful thing to have. They sometimes have copies available on board.

As for being "unable" to send you a hard copy, that's as blatant a lie as it gets. Of course they're able to send you a copy. But they've got your money, so why should they bother? I was so disgusted with their attitude on these fiddling little brochures that I looked round for other lines to travel with this year - we eventually went with Voyages of Discovery. And considering how much paper and ink they spend on sending out brochures, the cost of these booklets is tiny tiny tiny. Grr. :mad:

You are missing out. The tours booklet is a very useful thing to have. They sometimes have copies available on board.

As for being "unable" to send you a hard copy, that's as blatant a lie as it gets. Of course they're able to send you a copy. But they've got your money, so why should they bother? I was so disgusted with their attitude on these fiddling little brochures that I looked round for other lines to travel with this year - we eventually went with Voyages of Discovery. And considering how much paper and ink they spend on sending out brochures, the cost of these booklets is tiny tiny tiny. Grr. :mad:

Dsrdsrdsr,

I don't know if they've changed at all but you'll find VOD to be the opposite of P&O's ''Green'' program. When I sailed them they refused to do anything online even though I lived half the world away from the UK. They sent me everything, from invoices, to tickets (cruise tickets, don't think I'll get them again), to information... everything was printed on paper old style.

The Discovery, formerly one of 'The Love Boats' is a really, really warm ship and you'll truly enjoy your cruise. Good luck, and happy sailing... but I do warn you, unless you've booked a deluxe or premium cabin, be prepared for cabin the size of a toilet on a suite on one of the larger P&O ships.... it'll grow on you though! :)

Archived