New review of Legend and my thanks

jmkoilers

I have just posted a review of the Legend - http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=102968.

The purpose is to:

1. Thank all the CruiseCritic posters who have written in and provided countless pointers and advice on ports, ships, and everything else. We were so much better prepared for our visits to a new area of the world.

2. Provide a Seabourn newbies perspective for others already booked or considering there first venture with a luxury cruise line.

3. Remind past cruisers of how they felt the first time they tried Seabourn. Although there many wonderful past cruisers on our ship, some it seemed had lost the respect for the crew and instead felt entitled to grand service with no need to recognize or even thank the staff. While it was refreshing and easy to get accustomed to the level of service, we are entrenched in the reality of our daily working lives and appreciate how well we were treated. (Sorry for this comment, but since it is my personal opinion, I felt it was an observation that needed to be made.)

I appreciate your comments and welcome any questions. Thank you

- some it seemed had lost the respect for the crew and instead felt entitled to grand service with no need to recognize or even thank the staff. While it was refreshing and easy to get accustomed to the level of service, we are entrenched in the reality of our daily working lives and appreciate how well we were treated. (Sorry for this comment, but since it is my personal opinion, I felt it was an observation that needed to be made.)

Well said - something that I have noticed too. It is a minority, but there are some people with more money than manners and others with an over-inflated sense of their own importance. Still others who are just nasty and insensitive s.o.bs. I think you will find them in all walks of life and they can be especially galling in hotels, resorts and cruises. Not just confined to Seabourn by any means, but can take the gloss off a great cruise and it is hard to completely avoid them on a small ship.

Well said - something that I have noticed too. It is a minority, but there are some people with more money than manners and others with an over-inflated sense of their own importance. Still others who are just nasty and insensitive s.o.bs. I think you will find them in all walks of life and they can be especially galling in hotels, resorts and cruises. Not just confined to Seabourn by any means, but can take the gloss off a great cruise and it is hard to completely avoid them on a small ship.

Yep I second this as well...had plenty of "those kind of people" on the Legend when we were there in Dec and Jan and we have had a few of those as well on here on the Sojourn whereby a thank you or welcome would kill them in there tracks!:rolleyes:

Excellent review and very thoughtful comments.

Some people forget how fortunate they are to cruise on any cruise line let alone a luxury line. I learned something very simple from my mother which I will carry with me for the rest of my life. It is to not forget where we started off from and to treat others the way we would want to be treated.

Keith

A great review, it looks like you went to many of the ports my Wife and I will go to in September.

Daniella was our Stewardess on the Legend last August (suite 117) and we didn't ever see her tending to the room either - she is awesome!

Only 14 weeks, 5 days until we fly out.... but who's counting!!!

jmkoilers, you mentioned you put down a deposit for another Seabourn cruise. Any idea which one(s) you might do?

Thanks again for posting the review as well as the link to it and the additional comments on this thread.

Keith

Keith, not sure yet. Next year we will probably doing a trip with our 4 grown children (21-28) so it may be 2014 before we can cruise again. After looking at the itineraries it would be difficult to choose. Perhaps the route around England,Ireland,Scotland or something involving Venice. At least we have so time to decide.

We are using the next 5 years to travel and narrow down choices on where in the world we will want to retire (in 9 years), so anything is possible.

Thanks for all the comments and hope others will take the clue to heart the next time they cruise.

Thank you for the review - I enjoyed it very much, especially the newbie point of view. We're going to be on our first Seabourn cruise in February on Sojourn. I know the "little sisters" are different, but we're happy to soak up as much information about Seabourn in general as we can.

Thank you jmk for your lovely review, did post before but the ether must have eaten it. It is so good to read a well written positve report. Obviously there can be some glitches but in the whole scheme of things good that you had a smashing time.

Archived