Celebrity Century & Cigars

JohnH9

Is there someplace on the Celebrity Century that one might go to enjoy a fine cigar while sipping a fine cognac in the evening? On RCCL ships, there is either the Connoisseur Club or a dedicated lounge (after 9 P.M.) for the Cigar Aficionados.

Celebrity's policy is even more restrictive for cigar & pipe smoking. On the Equinox, while you can smoke cigarettes on the port side pool area, my DH had to go to the an outside bar - the Sunset Bar (port side) - to enjoy his cigars.

I looked at the Century's deck plans, but could not tell if there is an upper deck, outside bar on the ship.

Ironically, it was on our first cruise, aboard the Century in 1996, that DH discovered cigars in the old Michael's Club.

My Hubby smokes cigars. We have been on 10 Celebrity cruises and he has always smoked his cigar in any smoking section outside, along with others. No problem as long as you are in designated smoking area.

My Hubby smokes cigars. We have been on 10 Celebrity cruises and he has always smoked his cigar in any smoking section outside, along with others. No problem as long as you are in designated smoking area.

This is incorrect information. Although he's done so it the past it doesn't follow Celebrity's guidelines. There is one area for smoking cigars on the M class ship. Not sure about the S class.

This is incorrect information. Although he's done so it the past it doesn't follow Celebrity's guidelines. There is one area for smoking cigars on the M class ship. Not sure about the S class.

Well you can think this is incorrect information is you wish, however we just returned from the Inifinity in April where there were lots of cigar smoker who smoked in any smoking section. It might not follow Celebrity's "guidelines" as you call them, but alot of things don't follow the 'guidelines'.........I assure you cigars can be smoked in any smoking area. We have had 'suits' come and empty our ashtrays and they never said a word or quoted their guidelines. Just where is it you think is the only place that cigars can be smoked?

On Infinity, as on the other M-class ships, the designated area for cigars and pipes is Aft, deck 10, one side of the Sunset bar area outside of the buffet area. This is all spelled out in the instructions you receive on board.

Thank you so much. I will inform Celebrity that they need to follow the guidelines on all things.

Well you can think this is incorrect information is you wish, however we just returned from the Inifinity in April where there were lots of cigar smoker who smoked in any smoking section. It might not follow Celebrity's "guidelines" as you call them, but alot of things don't follow the 'guidelines'.........I assure you cigars can be smoked in any smoking area. We have had 'suits' come and empty our ashtrays and they never said a word or quoted their guidelines. Just where is it you think is the only place that cigars can be smoked?

On the Solstice, cigars and pipes were being smoked in many of the outdoor smoking sections, including the covered area next to the pool and on the port side of deck 5. I didn't see any cigarette smokers or staff complaining.

Thank you so much. I will inform Celebrity that they need to follow the guidelines on all things.
I am sure some people that cruise on Celebrity for their very strict smoking regulations hopefuly have already done that.

On the Solstice, cigars and pipes were being smoked in many of the outdoor smoking sections, including the covered area next to the pool and on the port side of deck 5. I didn't see any cigarette smokers or staff complaining.

Thank you for confirming the fact that cigars and pipes are smoked in the smoking areas.

It just takes some people longer to understand that Celebrity does not follow many of their own guidelines: babies in pool with diapers, chair hogs, etc. But, I can assure you that they do enforce the smoking only in outside areas......that includes cigars and pipes.

I am sure some people that cruise on Celebrity for their very strict smoking regulations hopefuly have already done that.[/quote

The Sunset Bar on the Infinity, and every Celebrity ship I have been on, had many smoking and non smoking tables as did the outside covered pool area. I do agree that Celebrity should enforce their guidelines............all of them!

I am sure some people that cruise on Celebrity for their very strict smoking regulations hopefuly have already done that.[/quote

The Sunset Bar on the Infinity, and every Celebrity ship I have been on, had many smoking and non smoking tables as did the outside covered pool area. I do agree that Celebrity should enforce their guidelines............all of them!

I agree, I am a cigar smoker and have always had a cigar in the sunset bar which I think is the aft bar usually at or near the top deck of the ship. And its usually on just one side of the bar area/tables as well. I know this to be a fact on Constellation and Equinox and also Mercury had cigar areas as well. But that here nor there now as Mercury is in another fleet now.

Celebrity's policy is even more restrictive for cigar & pipe smoking. On the Equinox, while you can smoke cigarettes on the port side pool area, my DH had to go to the an outside bar - the Sunset Bar (port side) - to enjoy his cigars.

I looked at the Century's deck plans, but could not tell if there is an upper deck, outside bar on the ship.

Ironically, it was on our first cruise, aboard the Century in 1996, that DH discovered cigars in the old Michael's Club.

Hello, this has nothing to do with your subject above. I noticed you are on the April 8, 2013 trip to the South Pacific. We are from Central Fl also and I was just wondering if you live nearby us (The Villages). Interested in finding someone from this area and what they plan on doing for their transportation. Hope to hear back from you. My email is jgibb66232@aol.com. Thank you. Janice

Archived