Is it true that capuchinos in the MDR will be for pay?

geovet

If so when and for what charge.

Thanks

Depends on the ship you are on. Off the Legend a few weeks ago and it was free. What is happening is that Carnival is introducing a Brunch on ships. I am not sure if the entire fleet will get this or not. The Miracle was the first one and there is a charge for expresso and cappuchino. If the ship has the brunch on it, there will be a charge at brunch and dinner. If the ship does not have the brunch, it will continue to be complimentary. Apparently, the cappuchino and expresso will be a higher grade of coffee when it is rolled out.

John Heald introduced the new menus for the Breeze a few days ago and there is a charge of 2.95 for cappuchino and 1.95 for the expresso listed. That is showing up on the dinner menus.

Things are changing fast…. So I may be behind in my info but I believe it is only on the ship/s that has the comedy brunch. They claim that with the new equipment the drinks in the mdr are as good as the ones you buy in the coffee shop. I believe they cost around $2.00

Yeah but you will be getting shrimp cocktail again nightly. How do you think they were able to do that? Charge you for the used to be free beverages.

Im ok with that then, as I didnt think the capachino and espresso was all that good.

If so when and for what charge.

Thanks

Yes and no. So far, only on one ship and soon two.

Only on the ships with the punchline brunch and less than half the fleet is scheduled to receive that.

It is being made with better machines and better coffee. It sounds like the same as if you purchased at the coffee bar. How stupid would Carnival be to charge for something in one location and give it away free somewhere else? :confused:

Yeah but you will be getting shrimp cocktail again nightly. How do you think they were able to do that? Charge you for the used to be free beverages.

I believe the the tennsy tiny shrimpies are only back on the Breeze? 12 day sailing along with a few other displaced items... Sarge..???

The cappuchino and expresso are free for now ( except on the Miracle and one other ship ) but I read somewhere that the charge for that is going fleet wide. You can't charge person A and then not charge person B eventually person A is going to get all kinds of persnickety.

Would love nightly shrimp cocktail option-where see this? I miss it as an option now.

Would love nightly shrimp cocktail option-where see this? I miss it as an option now.

On John Healds blog, he released the new menus for the Breeze and on their menus, at least, the shrimp cocktail returned. Do not know about the other ships yet.

It is being made with better machines and better coffee. It sounds like the same as if you purchased at the coffee bar. How stupid would Carnival be to charge for something in one location and give it away free somewhere else? :confused:

Stop repeating the same lies over and over. I pointed out in another thread how the coffee will NOT be better, how they are replacing quality espresso machines with INFERIOR super autos. That's the facts.

They will start charging for espresso that is inferior to what they used to have. Free superior espresso is better than paying for inferior espresso.

You really don't know anything about coffee - this is easy to say as I have been roasting my own beans for years and making my own espresso.

which means the next gimmick they will attempt is to say the good coffee is now available in the mdr as well, for a charge.

how come it's becoming the norm that the good stuff has to be bought, and the crap is free.

which means the next gimmick they will attempt is to say the good coffee is now available in the mdr as well, for a charge.

how come it's becoming the norm that the good stuff has to be bought, and the crap is free.

It all started with the slippery slides they put on the ships. :D

Archived