Price Drop AFTER Final Payment

If a higher cabin category is priced the same as or lower than the price you paid for your cabin, you can request an upgrade after final payment.

I thought that too......... But for our May 5 cruise this year, we had a JS come on for a lower guarantee price than we were paying, but they said no twice when I called.

JS $2399 Guarantee and we were paying for a D $2469? something like that

I did get an agent though that found a Sr rate discount on the Regular price and so we paid $62 total to upgrade from our D cabin...........Both said we had to pay something? to get any upgrade, there was no automatic upgrade when it was lower.......? We thought that too but we were not able to do it.

I thought that too......... But for our May 5 cruise this year, we had a JS come on for a lower guarantee price than we were paying, but they said no twice when I called.

I did get an agent though that found a Sr rate discount on the Regular price and so we paid $62 total to upgrade from our D cabin...........Both said we had to pay something? to get any upgrade, there was no automatic upgrade when it was lower.......? We thought that too but we were not able to do it.

Is it possible that the $2399 JS Guarantee was offered for new bookings only? That's the only reason I can think of that would warrant a denial of an upgrade request.

Dayle, I don't believe you can ask for an upgrade with a guarantee price.

Our cruise leaves in less than two weeks. For quite a while (months), there were no open cabins in our category (OS). Today for the first time, there are at least 6. Price is quite a bit less than we paid. It would still cost much more than we paid to upgrade to the next category. Do we have ANY options -- other than being annoyed? :rolleyes:

Be happy you can even afford an OS. This stuff happens all the time with anything you pay for. GO and have a great time! I had every kind of cabin RCL has to offer and always have a great time. There is nothing you can do about this.

Be happy you can even afford an OS. This stuff happens all the time with anything you pay for. GO and have a great time! I had every kind of cabin RCL has to offer and always have a great time. There is nothing you can do about this.
They can stop being annoyed and enjoy the cruise.:(

Dayle, I don't believe you can ask for an upgrade with a guarantee price.

On our April FOS, I saw a guarantee balcony for less than our booked interior after final payment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I called and made the request. Not only did we get the upgrade, but we received a credit to our CC. Heck, I was willing to just get the upgrade and call it even :D

On our April FOS, I saw a guarantee balcony for less than our booked interior after final payment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I called and made the request. Not only did we get the upgrade, but we received a credit to our CC. Heck, I was willing to just get the upgrade and call it even :D

Are you sure it was after the Actual Final Due Date...and not just that you had made your final payment? Or had you booked using a Next Cruise certificate bought before the new policy went into effect? Because off hand those are the only 2 reasons I can think of that RCL would give a refund as well as letting you upgrade...And as we ALL KNOW RCL is very even handed when it comes to enforcing their policies...NOT!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
The best option is to put it behind you and go have a wonderful time. It's like booking a flight or buying a car. There's always the chance that somebody gets a better deal than you. On one of my earliest cruises I allowed myself to be bothered by the incredible cheap rates that the last minute cruisers were getting, but my position now is that I get the best deal I can and decide how much I am willing to pay for the experience, then I don't look back.

Very good philosphy :)

I like one other Cruise Critic member once said, after you make final payment, stop looking at prices of the cruise. It will only potentially bother you if you see a price lower than what you are paying. On a positive side, you secured the cabin you wanted by booking early and had a lot more time to plan and build the excitement leading up to the cruise.

Have a great time.

Yes, I agree, I made my final payment yesterday and will not look at pricing again.

OP - have a wonderful cruise!

Archived