Wind Cruise Director

palladian

Good morning - I have no specific knowledge but as we left the ship in Istanbul Colin was off on vacation and we were told a new CD who was unknown to the Staff, would be joining ???? - any further information would be interesting.

Good morning - I have no specific knowledge but as we left the ship in Istanbul Colin was off on vacation and we were told a new CD who was unknown to the Staff, would be joining ???? - any further information would be interesting.

Seabourn recently let loose one of their best. I sure hope it's him coming over to SS.

Sorry for immediate travelers. Imo having done both SS & RSSC; Colin is the best CD out there. Unfortunately, he has too many distractions such as his appartment in Neiuely and his farm in Burgundy. Oh to be Colin:)

Colin IS the best. Sadly, it's been several years since we've had the pleasure of sailing with him, and we'd actually consider booking just to be aboard with Colin. He makes that much of a difference.

In addition to being a true gentleman and a superb representative for Silversea, Colin is a real presence onboard. In our many experiences with him, he made a real effort (and, I assume, still does) to be seen on deck and about the ship throughout the day. Always available to assist, chat, make recommendations. Sadly, our more recent CDs were all but invisible during the day. We often didn't see them around until showtime at night. They could learn much from our beloved Mr. Brown.

• 3 weeks later...

Just disembarked the Silver Wind last Wednesday.:(

The CD is Kirk Detweiler, recently hired from RCI where he was a CD for 20-some years. Very personable, approachable, sociable... Although we were too busy running around ports like crazy people to spend much time with him, we think he'll be a great addition to SS. Plus, as a former entertainer (singer), he livened up the Captain's Farewell reception with some songs.

Colin IS the best. Sadly, it's been several years since we've had the pleasure of sailing with him, and we'd actually consider booking just to be aboard with Colin. He makes that much of a difference.

In addition to being a true gentleman and a superb representative for Silversea, Colin is a real presence onboard. In our many experiences with him, he made a real effort (and, I assume, still does) to be seen on deck and about the ship throughout the day. Always available to assist, chat, make recommendations. Sadly, our more recent CDs were all but invisible during the day. We often didn't see them around until showtime at night. They could learn much from our beloved Mr. Brown.

We were very lucky to have Colin Brown as the CD on our Wind cruise in March. It was our first cruise with Silversea but not our first cruise and our previous experience over some dozen cruises was that we couldn't have named but one or two CD's. We're really not much into organized activities on a cruise so our definition of a good CD was one the who wasn't on the PA system all the time or flitting around "glad-handing" everybody. Colin was none of that and we actually got to know him a bit and enjoyed his company. Really changed our opinion of what a CD ought to be but then again Silversea changed our view in terms of what a cruise ought to be. :)

Amen to that!

So much so that Mrs. K has said it's Silversea or nothing. She'd rather wait a bit to get the right itinerary than go cruising just to cruise. We can and do take other breaks or vacations but really would rather focus on quality versus quantity when it comes to cruises.

...really would rather focus on quality versus quantity when it comes to cruises.
Totally agree.

As I shared with NorthernCheapo recently, my wife and I never wanted to even consider a cruise until we discovered Silversea. Our first cruise was with Silversea in Alaska in '08 and we honestly felt like we were on a floating Four Seasons hotel.

Totally agree.

As I shared with NorthernCheapo recently, my wife and I never wanted to even consider a cruise until we discovered Silversea. Our first cruise was with Silversea in Alaska in '08 and we honestly felt like we were on a floating Four Seasons hotel.

In keeping with this thread I'll repeat that it was people like Colin Brown who were so outstanding that we really were almost blown away. Interestingly, and I may have said this before, but we actually came across staff who remembered us from our previous cruises on another line. Those folks, and actually the whole staff, made us feel so much at "home" that in some ways it was like we'd always been cruising on Silversea. Certainly I put some of that off to the fact we weren't new to cruising and within reason we were pretty experienced in terms of things like planning, preparing, packing, etc., for the cruise. On the other hand, and it's hard to put this in words, there was this total experience aspect on Silversea that just makes other lines pale in comparison. Certainly you pay for what you get and from that view point some would probably say there's not enough difference between say a line like Holland America and Silversea to make it worthwhile. I'd now disagree but then that's just my view or opinion. Interesting that you mentioned Four Seasons though as we departed the Wind in Istanbul and stayed two nights at the Four Seasons at Sultanahmet. In many ways it was like we'd not left the ship in terms of service. Considering that hotel is sometimes listed as in the top hotels in the world I'd say that's a big compliment to Silversea and the Wind and maybe vice versa.

So much so that Mrs. K has said it's Silversea or nothing. She'd rather wait a bit to get the right itinerary than go cruising just to cruise.

Randy that is exactly what I tell my husband !! :)

I sure do like your upcoming cruise travel schedule! Your next 13 months are going to be pretty exciting to say the least. I bet you and your DH are getting pretty excited considering Istanbul is just a little over 3-weeks away.

Around our house I make all the big decisions and Mrs. K makes all the small ones. For instance, I make decisions on the global economy whereas Mrs. K makes decisions on our vacations......works for me. :rolleyes::)

Around our house I make all the big decisions and Mrs. K makes all the small ones.

That happens in our house too Randy, my husband says he has only made 2 decisions in the last 40 years :D

(quote=Stumblefoot ) I sure do like your upcoming cruise travel schedule! Your next 13 months are going to be pretty exciting to say the least. (quote)

Yes it is pretty damn good ! But hey someones gotta do it and Im glad its me :D

Ann

Archived