Diet Dr Pepper Caffeine Free

You can disagree all you want but it won't really matter.

The bottom line is: They don't carry all those crazy soda's.

So if you need to have your "Diet cherry caffeine-free vanilla Big Red Fanta Grape soda".

Your pretty much out of luck. Stay home or drink coke...

I was referring to beverages sweetened with NutraSweet that many people can not drink. I don't care if they are caffeine free or any specific color.

I totally agree, the ships like most establishments will only have the basics.

It is not 7/11 or Quicktrip that carrieds 47 different sodas.

Same applies to beer.

The ships is not going to have your "Genuine, Lite, Dry, Ice, Draft, with Lime in a can", or some local craft beer that is popular in your town.

The trip is only 7 days or less, if you can't make due, stay home...

Thank you for being so kind.

I respectfully disagree. Choices should be available no matter if you are at home or on vacation. People don't live in bubbles!

There ARE choices onboard. Coke, diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, ginger ale, club soda, iced tea, lemonade, water......

But to expect a cruise ship to offer diet Sunkist, Fanta, Sundrop, RC cola, caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper, Fresca etc. etc. is a bit unrealistic. Of course, you always one always has the choice to stay home and enjoy the myriad of sodas available at the local super store. :)

Dang why so nasty? Why tell the OP to stay at home.

THe OP said they'd be "happier" if the ship carried it but was more than willing to bring it on board and wanted to know if that was OK. they didn't say they couldn't "make due."

So STAY HOME is not helpful to answering his/her question.

I want diet soda and can't drink caffeine so I order club soda and bring my own MiO water flavoring. No sugar and no caffeine. I've been on 50 cruises and there are ways to drink what I prefer... rather than what the cruise line prefers that I drink. Staying home is NOT a helpful option. Just rude.

There ARE choices onboard. Coke, diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, ginger ale, club soda, iced tea, lemonade, water......

But to expect a cruise ship to offer diet Sunkist, Fanta, Sundrop, RC cola, caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper, Fresca etc. etc. is a bit unrealistic. Of course, you always one always has the choice to stay home and enjoy the myriad of sodas available at the local super store. :)

Unfortunately you are missing the point of my post. Regular Coke products are fine to consume........Diet Coke products can not be consumed by those folks that are allergic to aspartame which is what Diet Coke and Sprite Zero are sweetened with.

I never mentioned any of the other beverages that you have mentioned above and I don't expect the cruise line to carry every imaginable beverage. My point is about Diet Coke and Sprite Zero. It's unfortunate that people aren't more aware of the side effects of aspartame.

Unfortunately you are missing the point of my post. Regular Coke products are fine to consume........Diet Coke products can not be consumed by those folks that are allergic to aspartame which is what Diet Coke and Sprite Zero are sweetened with.

I never mentioned any of the other beverages that you have mentioned above and I don't expect the cruise line to carry every imaginable beverage. My point is about Diet Coke and Sprite Zero. It's unfortunate that people aren't more aware of the side effects of aspartame.

Now days everyone wants drinks sweetened with Splenda. I can't tolerate it even in small amounts. Some restaurants have started serving the products sweetened with it. So I get something that won't bother me. I don't expect restaurants or cruiselines to carry my specific brand of any soft drink, beer, wine or other spirits. Since soft drinks etc are not a necessity of life I am not overly concerned. If RCCL made a deal with Pepsi and dropped Coke, then I would stop buying the drink package and bring a few Diet Coke on board to have it available in the cabin. At most I would mention it on my comment card at the end of the cruise.

Dang why so nasty? Why tell the OP to stay at home.

THe OP said they'd be "happier" if the ship carried it but was more than willing to bring it on board and wanted to know if that was OK. they didn't say they couldn't "make due."

So STAY HOME is not helpful to answering his/her question.

I want diet soda and can't drink caffeine so I order club soda and bring my own MiO water flavoring. No sugar and no caffeine. I've been on 50 cruises and there are ways to drink what I prefer... rather than what the cruise line prefers that I drink. Staying home is NOT a helpful option. Just rude.

You tell 'em, BHT!!! Happy Memorial Day, by the way!:)

For some people, a week without drinking what they are used to drinking on a daily basis is a big deal. People go on a cruise to enjoy and indulge, not to cut back on what they enjoy.

RCL does not "allow" people to bring soda on board but they are know to be less strict regarding non-alcoholic smuggling.

Woah, so many angry comments for such a minor subject!

I also asked if RCCL carries coke Zero because that's what we drink, so if they don't have it - there's no point to buy the soda package. It's not a life changing, destroy my cruise, organize a demonstration, deal breaker issue. It's a simple question that people should be able to ask on CC without being told to stay home, especially when we need that info to decide if we should get the soda package or not (which we aren't going to be getting, since they don't carry coke Zero, which saves us money, but it would be nice to have our pop of choice). Also, just FYI, Coke Zero is a staple at most restaurants that carry coke products, as is Fanta, so it's really not an odd question or expectation. And if someone only drinks no caffeine cherry vanilla lemon lime coke and wants to know if they have it onboard - what's it to you?

Woah, so many angry comments for such a minor subject!

I also asked if RCCL carries coke Zero because that's what we drink, so if they don't have it - there's no point to buy the soda package. It's not a life changing, destroy my cruise, organize a demonstration, deal breaker issue. It's a simple question that people should be able to ask on CC without being told to stay home, especially when we need that info to decide if we should get the soda package or not (which we aren't going to be getting, since they don't carry coke Zero, which saves us money, but it would be nice to have our pop of choice). Also, just FYI, Coke Zero is a staple at most restaurants that carry coke products, as is Fanta, so it's really not an odd question or expectation. And if someone only drinks no caffeine cherry vanilla lemon lime coke and wants to know if they have it onboard - what's it to you?

A few exceptions, I think we were not harsh towards the OP, but to the subsequent posters who insisted if the cruiseline did not stock XYZ soft drink, it should.

On a side note I don't know if I would say most restaurants, perhaps more restaurants are now carrying Coke Zero.

~~~ Waving HI to RoyalCruz and happy Memorial Day to you and all (esp. military and families)~~~

ALASKA, that's another thing about beverages.... there are regional drinks that are common. MANY restaurants in TX (home of Dr. Pepper) carry all sorts of Dr. Pepper... diet or not. In California, not so much. I think Fanta is regional also. But one's soda preferences are going to differ in part based on where they live. No cruise line is going to stock enough variety of soda to make everyone happy.

INSISTING that any restaurant or cruise line carry exactly what I'm used to is ridiculous because it's not going to happen. (if only I had that much POWER) Wishing they would, bringing my own.... that seems a reasonable alternative.

And also ALASKA how did you know I LOVE cherry vanilla lemon lime coke? LOL

Archived