Can anyone recommend beaches in St. Maarten which are not 'clothing optional?'

You will need to stay on the Dutch side if you wan't to lower the liklyhood of seeing topless women.

My suggestion would be to spend a few hours at Maho beach by the airport. The beach is small but the airplanes land just overhead. It's a unique experience. Food and beverage are available on either side of the the beach.

Mullet Bay in Maho is my favorite... You can google the name for pics... You may see topless (that's true at any beach on th island) but not fully nude... You would also be close to Sunset Beach where the planes land...

You will need to stay on the Dutch side if you wan't to lower the liklyhood of seeing topless women.

My suggestion would be to spend a few hours at Maho beach by the airport. The beach is small but the airplanes land just overhead. It's a unique experience. Food and beverage are available on either side of the the beach.

Most beaches on the island will have topless women.. Sunset Beach Bar even advertises "topless woman drink free"... Not a big deal though and doesn't happen regularly at the bar... But it may!

Most beaches on the island will have topless women.. Sunset Beach Bar even advertises "topless woman drink free"... Not a big deal though and doesn't happen regularly at the bar... But it may!

That's why I phrased my response as lower chance. I've been to Maho several times and never seen any of the ladies topless. The same is true for the beach in Phillipsburg. Every other beach I have visited in St. Martin had some ladies topless.

Not that I find anything wrong with that. :)

That's why I phrased my response as lower chance. I've been to Maho several times and never seen any of the ladies topless. The same is true for the beach in Phillipsburg. Every other beach I have visited in St. Martin had some ladies topless.

Not that I find anything wrong with that. :)

The Phillisburgh beach would be the best if you really wanted to avoid the possibility. Would be a shame to miss out on the much nicer beaches! Mullet Bay is really big and you could find a secluded spot. That beach really is my favorite (and food/drinks are super cheap! $2 beers, $6 ribs).... Enjoy!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Maho beach is fun. But you can also go to Dawn beach and enjoy food and drink at Mr. Busby's.

We've actually been to Orient beach, twice, when our daughter was in preschool.

There will be two families with four teenagers. They (teenagers) have actually requested..'we're not going to a topless beach, are we?'

Maybe we'll try Phillipsburg. Or maybe even do the Golden Eagle Catamaran if its still available.

Thank you for all your replies.:)

We've actually been to Orient beach, twice, when our daughter was in preschool.

There will be two families with four teenagers. They (teenagers) have actually requested..'we're not going to a topless beach, are we?'

Maybe we'll try Phillipsburg. Or maybe even do the Golden Eagle Catamaran if its still available.

Thank you for all your replies.:)

DO NOT go to the beach in Phillipsburg unless you check the water quality, reports are that it is usually something that you would not want to get in.

DO NOT go to the beach in Phillipsburg unless you check the water quality, reports are that it is usually something that you would not want to get in.

Thanks for letting me know. The Golden Eagle Catamaran is sounding better and better!:p

We take a 5 minute taxi ride to Little Divi Bay resort. You can use the beach and they have jet ski's for rent,(which the teens like) etc. No nudity. When you are ready to go back the front desk will call you a taxi. We have also done the Golden Eagle. Both options are great.

http://www.divilittlebay.com/DiviLittleBay/little-bay-vacation-activities.html

The one time that we have been to Sunset Beach Bar at Maho Beach there were three college aged young ladies taking advantage of the "topless women drink" free offer at the bar.

That being said, as has been mentioned, topless women could appear at any beach on St. Martin. Nudity is usually limited to Club Orient but sometimes does extend down the length of Orient Beach. Topless women are possible on any beach on St. Martin. As has also been mentioned, I would not go in the water in Great Bay due to pollution issues. You can check out the St. Martin thread for more information on the pollution.

Just FYI, we did see topless women on the beach in Phillipsburg, just outside of the Holland House Hotel when we stayed there several years ago. No big deal, but they were indeed there! :p

Archived