Celebrity Silhouette 2 C an 2 D Balcony

chandrisellinis

I understand these may have view resticted and we have booked Guarantee.

Any comments on same required as not sure if we should move back to Ocean view.

We are also sailing in June on a guarantee, if it is the same money or just a little more, I would always opt for a balcony over a ocean view, I am fairly sure you will always still have a bigger view from any balcony cabin than you would from just a window.

It is also really nice to actually get fresh air and to feel what the temp actually is outside, before you get ready for the day.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were recently faced with a similar dilemma...

For our July 7 Eclipse cruise, we originally booked an "Obstructed View" 2D cabin--#6209...

Although an obstructed view, this cabin (click on thumbnails below) actually does not have that bad an obstruction--and the balcony, being on the hump, is much larger than standard. We deemde dit well worth the tradeoff at the lower price.

Then, Celebrity came out with some Guarantee rates...We could have paid about $400 less pp for a Balcony Guarantee...Instead, we opted to pay about $80 more pp for a Concierge guarantee--mostly because I feared getting assigned a 2D cabin with a worse obstruction than what we had. But it really was a close call on the choice...and, given the choice 10 times, I might opt with the balcony guarantee more often than not.

As it turned out, the folks on our roll call who opted for the Balcony Guarantee all ended up being assigned unobstructed 2B cabins...

And, really, MOST of the obstructed view cabins are still much better than the Ocean views...The obstructions on the 2C cabins are all lifeboats located BELOW the balcony...So, your view OUT is just fine...

And, as you will see on the photos below, even most of the 2Ds will have the view only obstructed in part...

Good luck...

6210-1.jpg.ce356ba1c5f8079a8e20d0327c83fde6.jpg

6210-2.jpg.af44a3f79777872b5a47abdad4aa1602.jpg

6210-3.jpg.aec3ad8a335793e547f7be0073a9b87b.jpg

balcony6210.jpg.1c01c659afa5307c79a369af32194b36.jpg

Archived