Wild Dolphins?

CBCGirl

I have not personally seen or swam with the wild dolphins, but a friend of mine did. He had an encounter with them while on a snorkelling excursion in GC, where they just appeared, and played around the anchor, and came close because they were curious and then left! Lucky for him, he had his underwater camera handy and got it on video!

I love, love, love dolphins BUT be careful of the wild ones. They can get pretty aggressive and I have heard of a person being hurt by one a few years ago. But maybe he just encountered a CRAZY one.....LOL

I love, love, love dolphins BUT be careful of the wild ones. They can get pretty aggressive and I have heard of a person being hurt by one a few years ago. But maybe he just encountered a CRAZY one.....LOL

This can happen with the trained dolphins (or any other animal) too.

I was watching it on the Travel Channel when a dolphin hurt a cruise passenger that was doing a dolphin swim (although it probably doesn't occur often, but still can).

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/woman-decked-by-dolphins

I know we did a zip lining tour and did the monkeys in Roatan last year and my 3 year old daughter was biten/attacked by one of the monkeys. :(

My friend and I were on a small sailboat off the coast of Va. Beach....we had been pretty far out to sea, and were coming back to the beach....All of a sudden, there was a whole pod of dolphins...swimming beside and under our boat! We had to pull up the keel, to keep the dolphins from hitting it.....they were within touching distance! Very cool. They have "human" eyes.

Unless you touch their "private parts" (a BIG No-NO!!!), they are not aggressive and will not hurt you. They are very sexual animals, so you don't touch their bellies (or below) and don't get "up close and personal" when you're menstruating....they get "hot and bothered'....

Do remember they are wild animals....there is always an element of risk. But, for the most part, they are calm and friendly mammals!

Archived