just got back

Pinkx

Just got back and have to say the cruise was full of rude old ppl with no idea how to use lifts and no idea of hygiene.

I was sickened by the way they would just stick their hands in the bread bowls and think that is acceptable. unfortunately none of them got norovirus...

anyway apart from them it was great would go again if they would make all the buffet served rather than self serve

This is where the officials on the IE should get tough and single these people out :mad:

Define "Old" according to my Kids I'm old and only in my 50s :D

In the lifts hit the up button if your going up or down when going down not all of them :p

pinkx...glad you nearly had a good time ;)

Returned last night from my 2 weeks onboard Island Escape & really enjoyed it. I did not experience the above. As always the majority of passengers were friendly and used the sanitizers. Of course as in any place where there is a crowd there are always those who seem to go out of their way not to use the gels! They don't seem to realize it is for their own good as well as others. This was not confined to any age group.

The staff were helpful and cheery. We saw many who remembered us from previous years. :)

Our first day at sea was pretty rough! :eek: Many, including ourselves, spent most of the day lying down in our cabins. The next day at sea was similar - winds of force 6 comapared to force 8 on previous week!

The entertainment was excellent, esp. in the Ocean Theatre. The show team are particularily good. One negative (for me) would be too many game & quiz shows which were mostly in the Bounty Lounge.

Thought the ship was looking quite good. Cabins still in need of updating a bit esp. the toilet & shower areas.

Will write more later.

Mo. :)

Lol 50 would have been the age of their grandkids! Its just really annoying and really by their age they haven't got the excuse of not knowing better! Loved the ship though. not sure if its bigger or smaller than Thomson destiny but the restaurants and lounges seem closer together?

As for the lifts I had a proper laugh. they seemed to be under the impression that if you are on deck 5 and want deck 8 BUT the lift is on deck 10 you need to press down for it to come get you... when it comes to deck 5 and still is heading down they kick off about how rubbish the lift is because it won't let them press 8. I felt like I had walked into the twilight zone... least I have had some exercise dragging myself up and down all the stairs...

There's a review someone wrote saying the ship was full of northerners when they went... I obviously went on the wrong week! Full of southerners last week hehe.

Archived