MDR menu

SweetSummertime

Thank you for taking the time to post the menus. We're not sailing until next June but the menus look very good. It's been 5 years since we last sailed on Celebrity and we see a few of the older menu items (some of our favorites) and the newer items all look appealing.

Thank you!!

Thanks for the menu update.

My DH will be glad that Day One is still offering Prime Rib.

Were there any changes to the left side of the menu with the offerings that are available everyday?

Anything new and exciting in the dessert department?

I didn't notice any changes to the left side, it was the usual. The desserts were really good. If you get the option, go for the chocolate mint dessert. It was the best.

I forgot to mention earlier, the lobster was excellent. 8 oz and cooked perfectly. It's warm water lobster, but it's still very good.

• 3 weeks later...
I have all 15 from our cruise that ended on Sunday, but we were told they were a "hybrid", so I don't know how permanent they are.

If you give me an email address, I can email them to you. I'll try to get them onto a public forum in the next few day.

Patty,

Would you be willing to email the menus one more time, please. I would love to have them. We returned from the June 1 sailing. The food was amazing. The desserts were to die for.

I took lots of food pictures but I don't know if there is interest to see them. I want to "pair" my pictures to the nightly menu for my photo album.

llpeate@aol.com

Lorraine

PS The crew on this cruise was outstanding. Professional, fun and entertaining at the same time.

lp

It's been a year since we've been on the Solstice in the Med, but I assume these three dishes are still being served in the MDR for larger, newer Celebrity ships. Right? Lots more food and ship details are available on my live/blog connected below. We also really loved the speciality dining places, especially if some specials are offered. Check early on your cruise for those options.

Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 89,175 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

From the Main Dining Room on the Solstice in June, here are three of the dishes that I enjoyed on this cruise. As I recall, the first shown is a veal beef shank. Then a beef strip steak with a special topping. Third is beef Wellington. Hopefully my memory is working correctly. Do these visuals match what others would remember or re-call?.:

SolsticeVealShankMDR.jpg

SolsticeBeefStripSteak.jpg

SolsticeBeefChatTwoMDR.jpg

The quality of the pictures I email wasn't that good so I uploaded them. Here's the link:

http://s1073.photobucket.com/albums/w387/Patricia_Lenhart/

If you are still emailing them out.....count me in.

Thanks I leave in a week....

Lbullard@hotmail.com

Lbullard, If you didn't read the whole thread, you probably missed the fact that Patty posted a link to the menus.... Click on the link in my quote just above yours & you will have the menus to view and/or download copies. Cheers. :)

Lbullard, If you didn't read the whole thread, you probably missed the fact that Patty posted a link to the menus.... Click on the link in my quote just above yours & you will have the menus to view and/or download copies. Cheers. :)

Thanks...how are the crepes resturant...worth the extra money...have not heard a review of that...also the specialty resturant that has the art touch to it...good worth the extra money??

I am thinking of ordering the preium drink package the non alcholic one...wondering if the smoothies are good or the frozen drink selection without alchol is worth 18.00 a day....how busy are the bars to get drinks...

Is there a menu for the crepes place...what did you enjoy....so it is only 5.00??How many can you get and is it like dessert or a meal??

The menu is here:http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_bistro_on_five&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

I had the Buffalo and the Dulce de Leche

They were both great

I scanned the menus (which were the "new" menu selections) from our May 27 7-nighter to Bermuda on Summit and posted them along with scans of the dailies (including the kids' activities). Click here or on the link in our signature below to see them all.

j

Archived