VIFP Consolidated Listing of Rewards

larrymeador

Hope I am wrong but bet that the free drink at punchliner brunch is a cappucino that used to be free.

Wouldnt that be a kick in the _____

OUch!! Actually... I think you are right... why would they give us a free foo foo drink or glass of wine for breakfast?? If it is they cappucino that was free... well... how is that a perk?

I only use the dedicated line at guest services when I am in a hurry and the other line is super long. I don't feel right "cutting" in front of people. The priority boarding is a different story

Guess I feel differently... I am not "cutting" in line... I earned it... like many other cruisers who have cruised over and over again....

Guess I feel differently... I am not "cutting" in line... I earned it... like many other cruisers who have cruised over and over again....

Yes I agree, it is a perk we are entitled to based upon Carnivals program, and I do not fault anyone for using it. As I said I do take advantage if there is a long line or I am in a hurry, but if there are only a few people in the regular line, I will wait. Just my choice.

Anyone knows if these levels are transferable to other Carnival Corp lines, Holland America or Princess?

I mean if you make it to diamond with Royal Caribbean you are automatically Elite on Celebrity. Do Carnival and Princess have anything similar between them?

Anyone knows if these levels are transferable to other Carnival Corp lines, Holland America or Princess?

I mean if you make it to diamond with Royal Caribbean you are automatically Elite on Celebrity. Do Carnival and Princess have anything similar between them?

No it is not. Each line has ite own seperate loyalty program.

Just had an idea...

Quite a few posters have mentioned that they have supported Carnival by introducing new guests. Perhaps Carnival would considering rewarding the referring guest 1 day for each brand new Carnival Cruiser.

It would be very simple. Prior to sailing, the "new" guest would submit the guest number of the "past" guest to Carnival. The point would be rewarded after the cruise is sailed.

Well that would be great! I could add 24 more points and these are folks who have sailed with us, not just sailed because we referred them to CCL. And all of them have sailed more than once since we got them started.

Thoughts???

You should get credit for the 1 cruise, as you sailed once each time. Same rule would apply if you sailed and paid for everyones room on the cruise.

And I would get 20 more points for the cruises I have booked and paid for for my adult kids and grandchildren.

LOL - it will never happen.

I have been Platinum for several years now and after our October cruise on the Breeze, I will have 20 CCL cruised and 120 days. So I have to consider if I want to stay with CCL for 5 more cruises then book 1 more (#26) to get a 25% OBC. Also do I want to continue with CCL for for 80 more days to reach Diamond status?

We have been loyal to CCL with the exception of 1 RCCL cruise, but I feel like we will look seriously at the booking other lines where we will get more bang for our bucks now.

CCL is trying to show that their booking rates are lower than the other lines, but are offering less and less and charging more and more for on board options, which narrows the gap in their booking rates when compared to other lines.

My wish is that I and the other 3,148 may be deemed worthy by Carnival to join you in Diamond status.

That's exactly what I thought and expected was going to happen. Unfortunately, the whole VIFP program implementation has been in the works for years with misleading information being 'leaked'. What did CCL expect.. if you leave people wondering for years what's goong on and promise that people will come out ahead in the new program. Well, that doesn't look like it's going to happen based on the most recent information. They need to make it official and tell people exactly what they're doing. Trying to hide things like cutting out the farewell party or making people pay for previously free perks isn't right...

I wish there was a level in between Gold and Platinum. There's such a stretch in between Gold and Platinum (25 vs. 75 credits/days), and such a difference in the number of benefits.

I really wish there was a 50-credit level where you could get maybe 1/2 of the new benefits you get with platinum vs. gold: priority debarkation, dinner reservations, tenders, and guest services line, along with laundry and arcade tokens. I think doing this would really be a hit among the many cruisers who are families who take a cruise for vacation every year or two (and whose parents may have a cruise or two on Carnival before starting their family). It gives them something with benefits worth sticking with Carnival for in a time frame they can reasonably foresee, which I don't see happening with the current tier levels.

does anyone know how this will work for booked vs. sailed? i have officially sailed 6 cruises with carnival, but i have 4 more booked that will be completed by the end of this year, which currently, would technically make me platinum under the current program, but as of the 25th, will i have that "grandfather" status or will i have to schlep up to 75 sea days with this new loyalty program?

No it is not. Each line has ite own seperate loyalty program.

Just "thinking out loud" here, but I wonder if the conversion to days sailed/points might have something to do with making the programs more compatible so that they can reciprocate across lines ... would sure be nice!

I wish there was a level in between Gold and Platinum. There's such a stretch in between Gold and Platinum (25 vs. 75 credits/days), and such a difference in the number of benefits.

I really wish there was a 50-credit level where you could get maybe 1/2 of the new benefits you get with platinum vs. gold: priority debarkation, dinner reservations, tenders, and guest services line, along with laundry and arcade tokens. I think doing this would really be a hit among the many cruisers who are families who take a cruise for vacation every year or two (and whose parents may have a cruise or two on Carnival before starting their family). It gives them something with benefits worth sticking with Carnival for in a time frame they can reasonably foresee, which I don't see happening with the current tier levels.

Personally, I'd rather see the Diamond tier get more benefits - discounts on cabins every sailing, or OBC, a free CD of all photos taken of them on the ship, A free bottle of wine at embarkation, spa credits, free "Behind the Fun" tours or bridge tours, free specialty dining once per cruise, etc. and have a level between Platinum (75 days) and Diamond (225 days) - THAT'S where the big stretch is - Give people with that many days sailed some AWESOME perks and put something in the middle - around 125-150 days - for those stuck in no-man's-land in-between.

Great summation.........There is still not enough distinction between Platinum and Diamond.......I'm Milestone now and the recognition on my last cruise was virtually non-existent.......I've grown tired of the few perks of Platinum, since there are so many Platinums out there even VIP embarkation has lost it's desirability........

I think I'm going to go back to my old method of embarkation which is to arrive at the pier after 1:30ish, so that I can still walk straight onto the ship, have time to go directly to my cabin to drop bags and get a bite to eat and a Bloody Mary before Muster.

The cutbacks are a real disappointment and the new stuff is almost useless to me........

I don't care to have dinner with the captain, though I might go to a cocktail party if I don't have to dress up for it.....

My sister and I don't eat in the Specialty restaurants because we just can't eat that much food and it's an obscene waste...........

I don't need or want a dedicated toll free number and can't imagine an occasion when I would use it........

The free upgrade is okay but upgrade to what? Sister and I sail on IS cabins (and have a very specific and preferred location) but I'm not going to turn an upgrade down unless it's to a crappy cabin that wouldn't otherwise sell......and I don't know anyone that I would want to share a cabin with other than the sister that I already sail with.

Me as well ......:):)

Hi,

Traveling with a milestone cruiser in July. Does this mean we get to go to the specialty restaurant for free? This will be my tenth cruise, and I am paid, so I should be allset for platinum, correct?

Thank you

It might be a one time deal for the diamond cruiser (not milestone)... not something each cruise. In which case they might want to save it?

If the milestone person also has 200 days, then they might get it .. but no one knows if its one time or every cruise. For instance I will be milestone, long before I have 200 cruising days because I have taken quite a few 5 day cruises they seem to intend to go back and re-evaluate as less than other cruises. .. but its all a guess.

Until we get details, people can only guess. June 11th is only 8 days more until we know and people can then know answers.

Im hoping they forgetaboutit and dont announce the new loyalty.

It might be a one time deal for the diamond cruiser (not milestone)... not something each cruise. In which case they might want to save it?

If the milestone person also has 200 days, then they might get it .. but no one knows if its one time or every cruise. For instance I will be milestone, long before I have 200 cruising days because I have taken quite a few 5 day cruises they seem to intend to go back and re-evaluate as less than other cruises. .. but its all a guess.

Until we get details, people can only guess. June 11th is only 8 days more until we know and people can then know answers.

Im hoping they forgetaboutit and dont announce the new loyalty.

but Jim "YOGI Berra and JH say it is brilliant :)

Q: When will the new program launch?

A: We are targeting a June 11th announcement. On the 11th, all members will be able to see their program status and cruise history via Carnival.com. The program will take effect on sailings departing on or after June 25th. We still have some technical work to do, but the above dates are what we are shooting for.

Q: What if I'm currently Platinum and fall short of the 75 days qualification?

A: All current Platinum guests will remain Platinum regardless of the number of days (unless of course you have 200+ days, in which case you will become a Diamond member)

Q: I'm really close to reaching 10 cruises, do I now need to reach 75 days in order to become Platinum?

A: Anyone with nine (9) sailings will earn Platinum status in the new program by taking one sailing of any length within one year of the program effective date, June 25, 2012.

Anyone with eight (8) sailings will earn Platinum status in the new program by taking two sailings of any length within 18 months of the program effective date, June 25, 2012.

Q: What is happening to the Milestone program?

A: The Milestone program will remain in place and unchanged.

I want to book a short cruise before the new program I have until June 25th or the 11th?

It must be completed by the 25th. The Glory has some good prices and there's a 3 day Imagination run that doesn't look too bad, but I suspect a lot of people are taking this strategy because prices on most look outlandish - and they weren't a week ago. Part of it is summer, but this is part of it, too.

Archived