TA perk: Free Dinner in Specialty Restuarant - Now What?

Hi Everyone,

I was lucky enough to have booked our next cruise during some promotion that the travel agency was offering a free dinner in specialty restuarant onboard the Oasis.

Can I reserve this now and make the payment, to basically hold my place and then converet the voucher onboard to cover the dinner and have the charge removed and credited to my account.

Hope this wasn't too confusing. Basically, I've arranged all my shows ahead of time and want to make sure this specialty dinner will fit in. There is only one day I can do it at a very limited time frame. Ugh I know, I'm an obsessive overplanner. ( BTW I think were going to Chops.)

Thanks.

We had that earlier this month. We had to wait until we boarded to make reservations, then when it was time to pay (at the end of dinner) we gave them the coupon. I was told there is no paying for it in advance and being reimbursed. it worked fine, we made reservations on the first night and there was availability any night at any time. They must hold spots for those who wait to make reservations onboard.

I got a promotion like this for booking a cruise on the EOS. The TA sent me a voucher through email that I printed out. It states that I was to bring the voucher on the cruise and reservations can't be made until onboard. I have to present the voucher when making the reservation.

On our Oasis cruise, we were told we had to wait until boarded to use our TA voucher. Just like you thought might be a problem since we had reservations for all the shows. First thing when we boarded, I went and made reservations at Chops (which was excellent) . There were many time slots open.

I agree with those above, our TA gave us a dinner and spa treatment. I talked with someone at RC and was told from them that I had to wait until I got on board. And yes, our "extras" have to be used on port days. This is one of the reasons I plan on not going into Nassau, would rather get a facial or massage - whatever I can book. This will be my first stop when we board.

Have a great trip!:)

The first time our TA gave us a voucher to the Speciality Restaurant we waited to board and then made the reservation. Now the TA adds the Dollars to our OBC for the Speciality Restaurant so we can book in advance.

You should ask your Travel Agent what they plan on giving you - Voucher or Onboard Credit.

I transferred our booking to an online TA offering prepaid gratuities. Anybody know how this might work?

I have this too, when I go to my cruises and click view beside our names, it shows are names and info and "Prepaid Gratuities: Added"

I'd check w/ my TA to see how they are giving you the Specialty Restaurant. If it's w/ a voucher then you have to wait until you board. If it's as an OBC (which is what my TA does) then you can book ahead of time.

In looking at the fine print on our cruise invoice from the TA, it directs us to reserve prior to boarding, so I have a feeling that each company might have their own way of work for these things. You would hate to miss out by not following the proper directions.

For the dinner, after final payment we received a voucher to print out at home, made our reservation once on board and just handed it in at the restaurant. I don't believe it had to be used on a port day.

As for the pre-paid gratuities, we ended up having to pay them along with final payment, then the money was deposited in our OBC b the TA.

For the dinner, after final payment we received a voucher to print out at home, made our reservation once on board and just handed it in at the restaurant. I don't believe it had to be used on a port day.

That is how ours was. It stated that it had to be used on a port day in the fine print, but once onboard they said we could go any day.

Archived