Early check-in

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the right place. We are going on a alask cruise leaving tomorrow from seattle. Our ships is set to take off at 4pm so I understand that check-in begins at about 2pm.

My question is does the rapsody of the sea allow early check-in so we don't have to carry around our (very heavy) bags? We have about 3 hours to kill so was hoping to go walk around the pier but, don't want to walk around with bags.

Thanks

You can check in and board MUCH earlier than 2! We usually arrive at the port at 10:45 and immediately get on board and start enjoying the ship-the venues will all be empty. If you really want to go to Pike's Place do what Cigar King recommended! Have a great cruise!

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the right place. We are going on a alask cruise leaving tomorrow from seattle. Our ships is set to take off at 4pm so I understand that check-in begins at about 2pm.

My question is does the rapsody of the sea allow early check-in so we don't have to carry around our (very heavy) bags? We have about 3 hours to kill so was hoping to go walk around the pier but, don't want to walk around with bags.

Thanks

Just make sure you check in on time. From the RCCL website: "Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail."

If your ship sails at 4:00pm you must be on board by 2:30 pm.

Our ships is set to take off at 4pm so I understand that check-in begins at about 2pm.... My question is does the rapsody of the sea allow early check-in so we don't have to carry around our (very heavy) bags?

I'm thinking you've not cruised before so here is some advice, and as others have mentioned already, if your ship sails at 4:00 you need to be checked in by 2:30. The first day of a cruise is a day you've paid for, so it is my opinion you should get to the pier earlier than you had planned and you can be onboard for lunch in the Windjammer. We always get to the pier about 10:30 am; by then, the disembarking passengers have left and you can begin the boarding process and usually be onboard ship by shortly after 11 am..

Secondly, you will not be walking around with your very heavy bags. Suitcases must be checked with a porter and they will be delivered to your cabin later in the day. Any hand luggage you carry must be able to fit through a security scanner similar in size to the ones in airports. You will need to keep your carry-ons with you until your cabin is ready, about 1 or 1:30 pm. You cannot just slip to your room to drop off the carry-ons; the fire doors in the hallways are closed and locked and your cabin will not be accessible until the specified time.

Have fun! Alaska is beautiful. :)

Archived