Cozumel . . Tequila. . Help me find it!!

mcjinkerson

We had the great fortune to find a tequila store in Cozumel a couple of years ago while on Carnival Legend. We are going on the Legend next month and want to find the store back.

We took a taxi down a main road to find a tequila store. It was early morning and the stores were not open. We were trying to make purchases before heading to Nochi to spend the day. At any rate, we found a store that opened early for us. It had a metal gate door. Inside was a tasting bar on the left and rows of tequila. There were gift shops next to it.

Can anyone help me? How do I find this place back? My husband let me book a corner aft balcony as long as we go back to the tequila store . . I told him I knew exactly how to get there. Oops!!! :):):)

We had the great fortune to find a tequila store in Cozumel a couple of years ago while on Carnival Legend. We are going on the Legend next month and want to find the store back.

We took a taxi down a main road to find a tequila store. It was early morning and the stores were not open. We were trying to make purchases before heading to Nochi to spend the day. At any rate, we found a store that opened early for us. It had a metal gate door. Inside was a tasting bar on the left and rows of tequila. There were gift shops next to it.

Can anyone help me? How do I find this place back? My husband let me book a corner aft balcony as long as we go back to the tequila store . . I told him I knew exactly how to get there. Oops!!! :):):)

just walk out the back of the port onto the main street. there is a store right across the street that sells alcohol and up the road 2-3 blocks is another. they all have tequila. there is a tequila store inland about a 15min drive that sells the agava tequilla which is the best - it is part of a tour.

just walk out the back of the port onto the main street. there is a store right across the street that sells alcohol and up the road 2-3 blocks is another. they all have tequila. there is a tequila store inland about a 15min drive that sells the agava tequilla which is the best - it is part of a tour.

Any liquor store I have seen in Cozumel sells the 100% agave tequila .. heck it is sold onboard Carnival in several brands. I have at least 3 brands. I got some in the store right in the port that was not a bad deal at the time. I got the aged 100% agave tequila which is a little more than the clear, unaged silver.

If you got the impression you have to travel elsewhere to get 100% agave they sold you a line.

PS you do need to read the bottle to make sure it actually says 100% agave. Jose Cuervo is the cheap stuff they add other liquor to, to bring up the alchohol content .. its not 100% agave, thats why it is cheaper.

Edited by firefly333

Our favorite store in Cozumel for tequila! They have a Facebook page and you may be able to get the address. We told our driver we wanted to go to the store by name and he knew right where to take us.

P6280154.JPG

P6280156.JPG

Hmmm

Well it wasn't a corner store but we could check that place out. We were looking for flavored tequila--vanilla. We fell in love with it. Of course, plain ole agave tequila s nice too.

Are we able to purchase the flavored tequila at port stores?

What about Tequilaria? There are two of them on the main street facing the water. One is in a mall-like area next door to the downtown Los Cinco Soles. They have lots of flavored tequila including a wonderful tequila cream. They are pricier than some of the other places in town though.

When we were on the Cozumel Bar Hop bus they took us to a tequila factory. It was well off the beaten path going over towards the east side of the island. You could taste any kind of tequila you wanted and then make your purchases. I tasted several!!!!

I found the bottle--empty of course!

It says Don Viejo and tequilera international. So . . Is Tequilera International the name of the store? The store we went to only liquor and the gift shop we went to was next door. I believe the store faced the water.

Just agree with his deal, then enjoy your aft, ply him w/ booze while in Coz, then just say OOPS- you forget where it is.

Save yourself some trouble and some moola.

Go to the MEGA. It is as nice a grocery-department store as you will ever go to. The tequila aisle -I'm not exagerating, there is an entire aisle of tequila-will accomodate anything you could want. Prices are good. It is probably walkable from the ship but a cab is easier.

You will not be disappointed if you go there.

I found the bottle--empty of course!

It says Don Viejo and tequilera international. So . . Is Tequilera International the name of the store? The store we went to only liquor and the gift shop we went to was next door. I believe the store faced the water.

If memory serves me correctly, there are a couple of Tequilera International stores on the main street, both facing the water. They give you lots of free samples if you are interested. I bought a great bottle of vanilla Tequila there.

• 4 years later...

Everyone posting here about Tequila Factory Store, please realize the store downtown and the one out on the transversal road toward the east side have 1 brand/distiller of tequila- Cava or Hacienda Antiqua. They may sell several types (there are 5 major tequila types-- pina, mezcal, blanco, reposado, anjeo--and about a 160 sub variaties) but all from one distillery.

And Don Viejo is imported to the US so not a "rare" find. At one time Tequileria's prices for better known brands were higher than in the US. And you could get similar or better deals at Covi, Mege, or Chedruai .

Everyone posting here about Tequila Factory Store, please realize the store downtown and the one out on the transversal road toward the east side have 1 brand/distiller of tequila- Cava or Hacienda Antiqua. They may sell several types (there are 5 major tequila types-- pina, mezcal, blanco, reposado, anjeo--and about a 160 sub variaties) but all from one distillery.

And Don Viejo is imported to the US so not a "rare" find. At one time Tequileria's prices for better known brands were higher than in the US. And you could get similar or better deals at Covi, Mege, or Chedruai .

Hacienda Antigua is one we went to on a tour. Got to taste several and fell in love with the almond tequila....smooooooth!

Transversal Kilómetro 9.8, Cozumel Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel, Q.R., Mexico

We try looking for almond in other stores but have a hard time finding it. Impossible in the States so far.