6 rooms booked - 6 adults and 6 kids. Kids in separate rooom?

wellfocused

We are leaving in a few weeks for our cruise. We have booked six rooms total. We have six adults and six kids. On carnivals website when we signed up we had to put an Adult in each room so that means we each have one kid ( teenager) in each of the rooms with the Adult. Well of course the adults ( married couples) want to room together and the kids also want to room with their friends.

We are going to let the kids do this, but how in the world do you keep it all straight with the sail and sign cards? Because if I give my room key to my sons friend and then my other son needs a key to stay with his friend then it's going to have a different name on it and I also don't want them having access to spending any money on board.

Is there a way once we get on board to simply it and have the rooms listed with the correct names?

We are leaving in a few weeks for our cruise. We have booked six rooms total. We have six adults and six kids. On carnivals website when we signed up we had to put an Adult in each room so that means we each have one kid ( teenager) in each of the rooms with the Adult. Well of course the adults ( married couples) want to room together and the kids also want to room with their friends.

We are going to let the kids do this, but how in the world do you keep it all straight with the sail and sign cards? Because if I give my room key to my sons friend and then my other son needs a key to stay with his friend then it's going to have a different name on it and I also don't want them having access to spending any money on board.

Is there a way once we get on board to simply it and have the rooms listed with the correct names?

Carnival does not allow a cabin to be all kids. Give them a call.

Sure they do.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/08/how-old-do-you-have-to-be-to-travel-alone.aspx

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 18 years of age and older

• Minors are 18 and older not required to be booked within close proximity nor on the same deck as the Parents/Grandparents. However, we will place you as close together as possible.

OP, after you board just go to the guest services desk and they will be more than happy to assist you.

After boarding, go to the pursers desk and ask for extra room cards. They will do this with no problems.

Once you are on board you can swap rooms around. We did this with our kids . You can just get additional room keys that aren't linked to the sail and sign cards.

My kids were minors at the time we did this and our rooms were side by side.

13 and up can have their own cabin. However, I find some PVPs and TAs do not bother to know the rules. If these were indeed teens they could have been booked in their own cabins if their parents were on board.

OP you need to find someone to book you who knows the booking rules.

Sure they do.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/04/08/how-old-do-you-have-to-be-to-travel-alone.aspx

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 18 years of age and older

• Minors are 18 and older not required to be booked within close proximity nor on the same deck as the Parents/Grandparents. However, we will place you as close together as possible.

OP, after you board just go to the guest services desk and they will be more than happy to assist you.

Just adding one more comment-all of the above is coorect, however if any of kids is just a "friend,cousin etc" that doe snot have a legal guardian onboartd, they must be assigned with an adult until age 25. Same reason they cannot book a cruise alone until 25, unless married. We usually have to go to guest services and get "mr.xtra key made" -they used to redue the sign n'sail cards, but have not done that lately.

You won't be able to give your room key, as this is also your official sign n'sail ID with your photo. Xtra plain keys will have to be made for door keys at guest services. Also you can determine which sign n' sail cards have charging privileges.

We have done this a few times with no problem, go to pursers desk have keys made for the other rooms. no problems at all.

TRUE!!! We always have several rooms and the pursers desk is very nice about making additional keys for the seitches. They do NOT change your actual S & S card because of the charge and picture that goes with the card. We don't ever give our S & S card to our kids due to that but you will have no problem getting a new key made to the correct room.

The difference here is that the OP is sailing with minors with no parents onboard.

It is different for when the kids are your own.

A person over 25 needs to be in that cabin- so they will NOT be able to switch out the sign and sail card.

They can get extra room keys and just carry around 2 cards.

Because the kids are still minors you are still going to be responsible for their sign and sail charges. The kids can have their own spending but you are responsible if they spend more then they need to-

I have always turned my kids cards off for no charging.

We've done this many times. We get each of the kids a lanyard and yes, some will need 2 cards. One a room key and one to buy stuff. Permanent markers are the way to know what card is for what. We just out a star on the one that was the room key and left the other one as is. This sure eliminated a lot of fumbling around and was an easy solution. Enjoy.

Same reason they cannot book a cruise alone until 25, unless married. We usually have to go to guest services and get "mr.xtra key made" -they used to redue the sign n'sail cards, but have not done that lately.

This statement is not true; my now husband and I booked our first cruise back in 2004 (I was 24 and we were not married). I booked the cruise myself and had no issues at all.

We've done this many times. We get each of the kids a lanyard and yes, some will need 2 cards. One a room key and one to buy stuff. Permanent markers are the way to know what card is for what. We just out a star on the one that was the room key and left the other one as is. This sure eliminated a lot of fumbling around and was an easy solution. Enjoy.

We've done this a couple of times. The extra S&S card always had the name "Mr. Key" printed on it by the pursers desk.

Archived