Zuiderdam fridge

BZEKE

NO, none of the small refigerators on the Zuiderdam have an freezer area. First off the mini frigs on any of the ships rarely make things really cold. Our past cruise on the Zuiderdam we actually were in two different cabins the first 4 days we were in an SY in 6109 and we were shocked the mini fridge kept things colder than any HAL cruise we had been on, almost shocking :eek: :D Then we moved to SA 7052 and the fridge kept things pretty much about 5 degrees cooler than the room temp. So since we were in Alaska we just kept our sodas out on the balcony ;)

When they're operating properly, the thermoelectric coolers will stay about 25 degrees below what ever you have the room temp at. If you need them colder than that, store what you don't need soon at the infirmary.

Just off the Westerdam this morning... I would not trust the "cooler" with keeping my medications cool. I noticed that the temperatures varied greatly, but sometimes it would take all day to cool a can of soda.

Contact ship services in Seattle and I'm sure they are prepared to handle refrigeration of medications.

Archived