Main dining room layout

dotheyes

Is there any place we can see the numbers for tables in the Main Dining Room of the Carnival Ships?

It would help if we knew the layout so when we get our Sail N Sign Cards, can check out location and size etc.

Would save a lot of people from having to stand in line on the first day or even have to go to the MDR to check out their location.

thanks

dot

You are still going to have to wait in line to be seated the first day, the staff will not let you just walk to your table,

Sorry, I did not mean wait to be seated the first day, but I meant wait in line to talk to matree D if I want a change That is what I am trying to avoid. If I knew the table numbers I might avoid that line:D

You can usually walk in during embarkation day and look for your table assignment. That's what we and a lot of other folks did before muster and sail away.

Not sure what ship you're on, but if you are sailing on the Dream, and have table number 243 (I think) or higher in the Crimson Dining Room - you're in the MDR, but you're not. If you come in from the main atrium, and walk into the MDR, there is a little section off to the right behind two partitions - it looks like a server's station at quick glance. Beyond those two panels is a small room with about 10 tables. Our table, 246 was in this room.

We referred to it during our cruise as either the Periwinkle Room, since it's a blueish/purple color, or the Dungeon, or the Red-Headed Step Children's Dining Room, since we weren't techincally on the main floor of the MDR :)

It was actually kind of nice to have our own little enclave. We chatted with most of the tables around us becuase it was so intimate. The only bad thing about it, is if you like the singing and dancing, you only get to see your Head Waiter and Assistants dance without getting up and going into the main room.

Archived