How much is down payment?

sarafs

For two people booking a cruise in december on the Sensation it was 300 as a downpayment

that sounds specifically like the deposit for a 4 day cruise?

a 5 day cruise is $200 pp. 7 days generally $250 pp etc (alaska and a few others are higher).

a 5 day cruise is $200 pp. 7 days generally $250 pp etc (alaska and a few others are higher).

I guess?? lol, this is my first cruise so I didn't know all deposits depending on day are the same. But that's good that it's only a $50 difference by number of days.

I know the deposit I just paid for the Breeze Nov 2013 8-day Southern Caribbean aft-wrap was $600 bucks! That's the most I have ever paid for a deposit! Compare that to a suite I booked on the NCL Star in April 2013 of $250!

CARNIVAL CRUISE DEPOSITS (not based on percentage of the cruise fare):

CTN Cruises $50 non-refundable

3 Day Cruises $100 pp

4 Day Cruises $150 pp

5 Day Cruises $200 pp

6,7 Day Cruises $250 pp

8 Day Cruises $300

Alakska Cruises $350

10+ Day Cruises $400

Europe Cruises $500

ken

If you book Early Saver on Carnival, how much do you have to put down as a down payment?

Depending on the number of days, we normally pay $300 per person for an 8 day. For our 15 day cruise through Panama, our deposit was $400 per person.

Wow, so three people in one room would be $750 on a 6 day? Even if I book a year in advance?

What we did was call Carnival to book, booked me in the cabin to guarantee the one we wanted, and then a few weeks later we added DH...this allowed us to pay the $400 up front, and then the additional $400 at the later date. Depends on how far out your cruise is...we booked almost 1 year in advance, so there was no time pressure.

Carnival will work with you, and when you add the second person, they are added at the same rate as the first one...not sure how it works with a 3rd person.

When in doubt, contact Carnival...they are more than willing to answer questions and offer solutions.

Happy Cruising ! :)

Depending on the number of days, we normally pay $300 per person for an 8 day. For our 15 day cruise through Panama, our deposit was $400 per person.

What we did was call Carnival to book, booked me in the cabin to guarantee the one we wanted, and then a few weeks later we added DH...this allowed us to pay the $400 up front, and then the additional $400 at the later date. Depends on how far out your cruise is...we booked almost 1 year in advance, so there was no time pressure.

Carnival will work with you, and when you add the second person, they are added at the same rate as the first one...not sure how it works with a 3rd person.

When in doubt, contact Carnival...they are more than willing to answer questions and offer solutions.

Yep, we had a couple of couples on our next cruise and they all booked one person and then a bit of time later booked the 2nd person. Just remember, the deposit is per person not per room. One person can book the room now to help with selection.

Especially booking ES so far out in advance you have the opportunity to pay off the deposit well before the final payment is due. I have a friend who, after the deposit is paid off, will make additional $100 payments each month up to the full payment date. Half the time he gets the cruise paid off this way before final payment.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

CARNIVAL CRUISE DEPOSITS (not based on percentage of the cruise fare):

CTN Cruises $50 non-refundable

3 Day Cruises $100 pp

4 Day Cruises $150 pp

5 Day Cruises $200 pp

6,7 Day Cruises $250 pp

8 Day Cruises $300

Alakska Cruises $350

10+ Day Cruises $400

Europe Cruises $500

ken

Are you sure on the Europe cruise deposit? Ours was $400 pp. :o

Just a question about doing this....Did you tell Carnival you were booking your husband at a later date, or did let them think you were sailing solo? I have heard of people doing this (which I think is brilliant by the way!), but not sure how to handle it with the booking. Do you have to cancel and re-book, because I didn't think you could add to your booking after it was made? Could you hold it for a few months, or is it only a week or two? I would be booking cruises left and right if I didn't have to put the full downpayment in!!!!

When I booked 2 rooms, 1 for myself and DH,DD,DS, the deposit was $1000.00 for the first room. The second room was for my mother-in-law and she was solo, her deposit was $500.00. This is a 7 night cruise. Carnival told me MIL was double deposit due to the fact that her room could hold more than 1 person (don't they all?) and it was double the deposit. I still think that wasn't appropriate, but they wouldn't budge. So booking solo may not guarantee a solo deposit.

When I booked 2 rooms, 1 for myself and DH,DD,DS, the deposit was $1000.00 for the first room. The second room was for my mother-in-law and she was solo, her deposit was $500.00. This is a 7 night cruise. Carnival told me MIL was double deposit due to the fact that her room could hold more than 1 person (don't they all?) and it was double the deposit. I still think that wasn't appropriate, but they wouldn't budge. So booking solo may not guarantee a solo deposit.

Too bad you dont have someone more knowledgeable to book with. I only pay one deposit for solo cruises, not double. .. anyone who told you different was misinformed of the policy. I use a Carnival PVP who is good at rules and knowing how to book people.

Hang up and get someone else if the policy doesnt seem correct and find out on CC if there is a question.

Too bad you dont have someone more knowledgeable to book with. I only pay one deposit for solo cruises, not double. .. anyone who told you different was misinformed of the policy. I use a Carnival PVP who is good at rules and knowing how to book people.

Hang up and get someone else if the policy doesnt seem correct and find out on CC if there is a question.

If one was to book this way (initially as a solo, and adding pax after), how long afterward would you suggest booking the 2nd pax. IE...? a couple months, a couple weeks, or does it matter, so long as it is before final payment???

Thanks!

We book far in advance and always book with one person then you only pay for one deposit.

After you have made enough payments to equal what the deposit would have been you can add the next person.

We booked 8 rooms in Feb for a group trip and they let us add one person to each room; the cost of the two deposits almost paid for the whole cruise so that is what my PVP suggested. He stated when I call in if he is ever out of the office to just tell another rep that I dont know who Im bring with me yet.

If one was to book this way (initially as a solo, and adding pax after), how long afterward would you suggest booking the 2nd pax. IE...? a couple months, a couple weeks, or does it matter, so long as it is before final payment???

Thanks!

I have done it two different ways the first being after we made enough payments to equal a deposit and the other right before our last payment.

The thing to remember is once you add the second person the tax and grats ( if you prepay them) will be added at that time

Deposits are the same, no difference. After you have booked, then you put in for your FCC OBC, and it will take anywhere for a day to weeks and be applied to your final balance.

So which is it, Firefly? All deposits are the same? Or deposits go by your second post? In which post were you wrong??

Archived