Flying into Barcelona from U.S.

cruisue

Have booked our air through the cruise line. The cruise begins in Barcelona on Sept 7--5 p.m. sailing. Does anyone have any experience as to what the "normal" time is that you get to Barcelona when you have booked through the cruise line? It looks like the planes that leave from Boston will arrive the following day in Barcelona. So, I'm thinking we will probably leave Boston on Sept 6 and hopefully arrive in the a.m. in Barcelona--this would give us some time to look around.

I'm always a big fan of flying in a day or two earlier. Cruiseline arranged air has no preference for the traveler just getting you there.

The direct flights out of US airports when we looked leave in the afternoon. In the summer/late summer between thunderstorms and other weather, I'd pay special attention to your in state connects. When we flew out we sat on the ground for an extra hour almost as thunderstorms delayed everything on the easter seaboard. International flights always go, but in state connects flights can be delayed so plan carefully.

If you arrive that morning, don't forget you'll have gotten a short night of airplane sleep, be in a different time zone. By the time you clear customs and such, figure out where you store your baggage etc. you may only have just a few hours, not very much.

I'd consider changing to booking your own flight and going in a full day or two earlier if you want to see Barcelona.

Have booked our air through the cruise line. The cruise begins in Barcelona on Sept 7--5 p.m. sailing. Does anyone have any experience as to what the "normal" time is that you get to Barcelona when you have booked through the cruise line? It looks like the planes that leave from Boston will arrive the following day in Barcelona. So, I'm thinking we will probably leave Boston on Sept 6 and hopefully arrive in the a.m. in Barcelona--this would give us some time to look around.

One lesson we learned, early in our cruising life (and we have been cruising for forty years) is not to let cruise lines determine our air arrangements. The general rule is that they will choose the worst possible flights (this is not always true) with the most plane changes :). If we do decide to let the cruise line handle our air (very rare) we take the option that lets us select our own flights.

Hank

One lesson we learned, early in our cruising life (and we have been cruising for forty years) is not to let cruise lines determine our air arrangements. The general rule is that they will choose the worst possible flights (this is not always true) with the most plane changes :). If we do decide to let the cruise line handle our air (very rare) we take the option that lets us select our own flights.

Hank

We agree..we choose our flights and pay a little extra..they also let you fly in early or stay later. We just came back from Oceania Cruise and we had great air schedules..just as we wanted!

Sherry

Agree with everyone else. My previous trip we came in at 7-8am and spent one night before getting on our ship. We were WIPED - falling asleep on the HOHO bus, etc. This time I'm scheduled for two nights pre-cruise in Barcelona, also arriving around 7-8am. It's such a wonderful place to see - you won't regret extending if you can.

-J

We arrived at 9:00am morning of cruise and were on the ship by 11:30am...Sometimes a personal situation can dictate your options..however we were staying a few days post cruise in Barcelona... It is what it is and it worked out for us...hopefully for you too...Enjoy !!

We're arriving in Barcelona 2 days early as well. Looking for suggestions on transfers from the airport to hotel and hotel to ship on embarkation day in Barcelona. Any suggestions? There are 5 of us. I will research the thought of a taxi - but would like to consider other ideas/options.

Help if you can.

Thanks!

We're arriving in Barcelona 2 days early as well. Looking for suggestions on transfers from the airport to hotel and hotel to ship on embarkation day in Barcelona. Any suggestions? There are 5 of us. I will research the thought of a taxi - but would like to consider other ideas/options.

Help if you can.

Thanks!

We will be flying in the end of this week for a cruise and are using autos vilar dot com to get us from the airport to the apartment we have rented for 3 days, and then the apartment to the port. We are a party of 5 and found it cheaper than taxi since we would need 2 taxis. Everything we have read says it is very difficult to find a taxi for more than 3 people.

Please make your own flight plans and fly in the day or two before. To many things can happen with your flight. We are sailing October 3rd and flying in 4 days before, arriving at 10am, so we can see Barcelona. Remember if the ship is sailing at 5pm you have to be on the ship by 2pm. So if your arrival time is 10am you will only have 4 hours to make it to the ship. That is cutting it to close.......

We will be flying in the end of this week for a cruise and are using autos vilar dot com to get us from the airport to the apartment we have rented for 3 days, and then the apartment to the port. We are a party of 5 and found it cheaper than taxi since we would need 2 taxis. Everything we have read says it is very difficult to find a taxi for more than 3 people.

This is VERY helpful. I wondered about the taxi's but have not spent the time reading to dig out the info - - so now I know. I"ll check your resource. Thanks. Have a great cruise!

Archived