Pods used in suite coffee makers?

We really enjoyed the cofee maker - they had tea in there too. We asked for a couple of containers of milk for the fridg and brought flavored syrups to make our own drinks. Saved us a few bucks over buying specialty coffees.

My husband liked the coffee. Here's a place you can order the pods but not sure if it is worth it. I wonder how much shorter they really are than K-cups? I wonder if anybody has ever tried a k cup in one?

http://www.aromacafeculture.com/store/store_results.asp?Brand=6&Section=Lavazza&mm_campaign=3aa899b28e94b25e61d2aa6658316e9b&mm_keyword=lavazza&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Adwords

My husband liked the coffee. Here's a place you can order the pods but not sure if it is worth it. I wonder how much shorter they really are than K-cups? I wonder if anybody has ever tried a k cup in one?

http://www.aromacafeculture.com/store/store_results.asp?Brand=6&Section=Lavazza&mm_campaign=3aa899b28e94b25e61d2aa6658316e9b&mm_keyword=lavazza&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Adwords

they are a lot shorter than the K Cups and they slide in instead of the way the K Cups fit in the Keurig. They wouldn't work, sorry!

A K cup will definitely not work. Too tall, and doesn't go in the machine the same way. You can get all the Lavazza pods you want from your butler, so I'm not sure why you'd bother to buy & bring any.

However, the selection is limited to decaf & regular espresso, and one kind of tea. I suppose if you had a type of Lavazza pod you really liked, it might be worth bringing some.

Neither of us drink espresso. :(

Actually, you can make a very nice cup of coffee if you ask the butler to get you some larger coffee cups than those provided in the room..or just bring one yourself from the buffet.

Brew the espresso, then add hot water to suit, or steamed milk to suit. With hot water, this is what is commonly called an "Americano," for obvious reasons. With steamed milk, it's what is sold in the U.S. as a "latte."

It you want to sample either one before your cruise, you can get them at any of the million Starbucks or other coffee houses. The advantage when you make it is that you can control the strength of the espresso used in the coffee drink.

Lavazza machines use capsules designed only for the Lavazza Blue machines that are in some suites. They have replaced some of those machines with a new one that is not Lavazza because they didn't put out hot water for other beverages. The Lavazza machines are great and make tea and coffee. The new ones grind and make coffee, then they give you lipton tea bags and you make your own tea with the H20 wand. Both nice just different. I actually own the Lavazza and have loved it since I saw it on the NCL Gem.

Interesting because we just came off the Jade and saw a cart in the hallway by the penthouse suites and saw a bag of Lavazza beans that I was tempted to scoop ( just kidding) as this is the coffee we use at home then I realized that the last penthouse we had on the Sky 2008 used the pods.

Neither of us drink espresso. :(

You can use it for regular coffee by just putting cup under the water arm and let it dilute your espresso or you can hit the steam button and froth your milk to make cappuccino.

We have had a similiar machine for years and am always shopping for a travel version, we are spoiled by it and rarely buy a coffee outside.

I refuse to get suckered into to the "pod" packets because it makes your coffee habit extremely expensive, so much so that you might as well buy your coffee out.

Someone told me the Lavazza machine is not used in suites on the Pearl - that they use another brand. Anyone know?

terry

When I was on the Pearl in 2006 they had the machines that ground the espresso beans. Not sure if that has changed

2790723540059187889S600x600Q85.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Archived