Carnival Fantasy, 2 questions?

mandi299

Hello! I have sailed Carnival once in the past, but never on the Fantasy.

I have 2 initial questions that I have seen varying info about please:

1. Are there complimentary hair blow dryers in the cabins?

2. Can you order a bottle of booze (higher rate of course) via room service and if so, what is the procedure, anything special?

Thanks much!!!

hair dryers not provided on fantasy class ships except if you booked a suite.

sometimes you can order a bottle thru room service .. same price as ordering ahead of time thru bon voyage. Might as well pre order and have it waiting for you in the cabin when you arrive?

hair dryers not provided on fantasy class ships except if you booked a suite.

sometimes you can order a bottle thru room service .. same price as ordering ahead of time thru bon voyage. Might as well pre order and have it waiting for you in the cabin when you arrive?

we have sailed the fantasy in the past and have ask the cabin steward for a hair dryer and he got us one and also it is best to preorder the bottle but on our last cruise from SC the bottle was not delivered until the next day i hope this helps

we have sailed the fantasy in the past and have ask the cabin steward for a hair dryer and he got us one and also it is best to preorder the bottle but on our last cruise from SC the bottle was not delivered until the next day i hope this helps

People leave stuff behind, so there are some on the ship, true, but you cannot count on it.

If you dont have enough hangers, you can ask for more, and they usually bring those awful wire hangers that you get when you dry clean clothes... you can ask for things you need though, agreed and they may have stuff left behind that you can use.

I was just saying they are not provided.

I found a small hairdryer that has a foldable handle very cheap at Kmart. It worked just perfectly and I have thick/long hair.

We ordered a bottle from room service on the second night of our sailing. $50.00 for a bottle of Cruzan rum and it came within a few moments. I tipped our guy a couple of dollars.

There are two picture heavy reviews in my signature if you are interested. One from 6/2010 and one from March of this year.

And....once again...I am posting under my boyfriends screen name. OOPS! No he doesnt have a pretty pink foldable hairdryer. :p

I found a small hairdryer that has a foldable handle very cheap at Kmart. It worked just perfectly and I have thick/long hair.

We ordered a bottle from room service on the second night of our sailing. $50.00 for a bottle of Cruzan rum and it came within a few moments. I tipped our guy a couple of dollars.

There are two picture heavy reviews in my signature if you are interested. One from 6/2010 and one from March of this year.

And....once again...I am posting under my boyfriends screen name. OOPS! No he doesnt have a pretty pink foldable hairdryer. :p

LOL, yea my guy either LOL ;) I looked at your most recent review, OMG AWESOME!!!! :D Now I'm even more excited, feeling like I might spontaneously combust before Friday gets here. Is the Charleston port pretty cruiser friendly?

LOL, yea my guy either LOL ;) I looked at your most recent review, OMG AWESOME!!!! :D Now I'm even more excited, feeling like I might spontaneously combust before Friday gets here. Is the Charleston port pretty cruiser friendly?

Ok, I am signed on as myself now.

I am glad you enjoyed the review. I am getting super excited myself and I have to wait until December! :(

The Charleston port is very cruiser friendly. It can be a little bit confusing for those folks who are used to a more conventional terminal. Charleston will eventually have a brand new cruise terminal once we get the Historical (Hysterical) Society to leave us alone and just let us build it. Because as you know, if you build it...they will come!

Will you be staying in Charleston ahead of time overnight? Or are you driving to the port? I can explain the procedure for you so it wont be so much of a shock to the system if you like.

Just be aware that there is only one electrical outlet in the cabin - at the base of the large vanity mirror. The outlet in the bathroom is low amperage and will only power an electric razor,.....

Just be aware that there is only one electrical outlet in the cabin - at the base of the large vanity mirror. The outlet in the bathroom is low amperage and will only power an electric razor,.....

Oh no really? Dang, I have 2 cameras and cell phones to charge in addition to all my girly hair needs. Do you all take an extension cord or something or will they even work with low power outlets?

Oh no really? Dang, I have 2 cameras and cell phones to charge in addition to all my girly hair needs. Do you all take an extension cord or something or will they even work with low power outlets?

I have heard that you can bring a power strip but with a hairdryer, since it pulls all that amperage, I would think you would need everything unplugged in order to run just the hairdryer. We took turns charging the camera and the Iphone throughout the trip and just unplugged them when I used the dryer. Power strip must be new or close to new. If they think it looks sketchy they will take it at the security screening.

Ok, I am signed on as myself now.

I am glad you enjoyed the review. I am getting super excited myself and I have to wait until December! :(

The Charleston port is very cruiser friendly. It can be a little bit confusing for those folks who are used to a more conventional terminal. Charleston will eventually have a brand new cruise terminal once we get the Historical (Hysterical) Society to leave us alone and just let us build it. Because as you know, if you build it...they will come!

Will you be staying in Charleston ahead of time overnight? Or are you driving to the port? I can explain the procedure for you so it wont be so much of a shock to the system if you like.

It was fabulous!! I told hubby we should do a late year cruise, still trying to work on him LOL.

Ok good to know, been to Charleston numerous times but never to the port. Yes we are driving in from East TN tomorrow evening (after work ugh). We grabbed a room at the Fairfild Inn near the airport right off the interstate (so it said) since we'll be arriving so late. I'm thinking that is what, 30 minutes from downtown? Yes please any instruction to what to expect would be great, hoping to board the ship as early as possible too. Do they go through your stuff like they do at airports now? It's been 6-7 years since we cruised and they checked nothing in or out of the port last time. The guy in front of me had Cuban cigars in his front shirt pocket even! ;)

Ok good to know, been to Charleston numerous times but never to the port. Yes we are driving in from East TN tomorrow evening (after work ugh). We grabbed a room at the Fairfild Inn near the airport right off the interstate (so it said) since we'll be arriving so late. I'm thinking that is what, 30 minutes from downtown? Yes please any instruction to what to expect would be great, hoping to board the ship as early as possible too. Do they go through your stuff like they do at airports now? It's been 6-7 years since we cruised and they checked nothing in or out of the port last time. The guy in front of me had Cuban cigars in his front shirt pocket even! ;)

Are you parking at the hotel for the duration of the sailing and taking a cab to the port or are you parking at the port?

They dont get as detailed on the searches as they do at the airport but they will scan your carry on luggage and if they see liquids, they will want to inspect them closer to make sure it is not liquor. You are allowed to bring a 12 pack of water or soda per person and 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person ONLY in your carry on.

Archived