Security Check In

jeauix

I'm ready to sail to Alaska again in a few weeks :D and I need advise.

I recently had a knee replacement and although I know what to expect with the airlines, I wonder if this will cause problems going through security. Will I need to carry a note or something with me? I honestly didn't pay much attention to it when I last traveled by ship.

Anyone experienced this?

Take a doctor's note. It's unlikely that the metal detector will sound, but if it does you can show them the note and even the xray (which is what I carry for the titanium plate in my neck).

My mother had that surgery and prefers to travel with shorts. If she sets anything off they can "wand" her bare knee and see the scar...and they waive her right through.

Hope recovery is going well!

I have had a hip replacement and gone through twice...the second time I told them about it at the "walk through" scanner and was then scanned by hand held wand. The wand did not detect anything.

Titanium typically does not set off the metal detectors.

I have had both knees replaced and set off every metal detector known to man including security at the port. The next step is the hand wand. It's no big deal and takes only a few seconds. Certainly nothing like the invasive pat downs TSA feels obliged to perform.

I agree with the PP, a doctor's note is worthless and not worth the bother.

I agree with the PP, a doctor's note is worthless and not worth the bother.

Agree. Think about it. How hard would it be for just about ANYONE to provide a piece of paper telling the TSA to just ignore all stuff they think is there?

Archived