will we be able to watch the NBA finals on our Alaska cruise?

Doh15

This may seem like a(nother) silly question, but it is crucial for some members of our party. :)

Will we be able to catch the live broadcast on ABC of the NBA finals on the Oosterdam on an Alaska cruise?

I know there is a "sports bar" on the ship, but the information only mentions getting live ESPN feeds, and I have seen conflicting information about whether ships usually get live network feeds, so I wanted to check with the experts.

I don't think you will catch the NBA Finals on the Oosterdam. We sailed last week and got to see the conference finals on ESPN and TNT, but there is no ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX. You'll get TNT, ESPN 1&2, HBO, HLN, CNN, FOX NEWS, and the Cartoon Network.

I can see why this is important to a member of your party....it should be a great final with an MVP performance from Kevin Durant.

I don't think you will catch the NBA Finals on the Oosterdam. We sailed last week and got to see the conference finals on ESPN and TNT, but there is no ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX. You'll get TNT, ESPN 1&2, HBO, HLN, CNN, FOX NEWS, and the Cartoon Network.

I can see why this is important to a member of your party....it should be a great final with an MVP performance from Kevin Durant.

I decided to call, and HAL told me that the NBA finals is is a big enough deal that they make special arrangements so it should be available. I'll cross my fingers that my team makes it, and that the feed is available!

I hope Kevin Durant makes it, and enjoys the experience of playing in the finals. ;)

I don't schedule my vacations around the NBA playoffs (obviously) but yes, having my team in the finals and not being able to watch them would be a disappointment.

I decided to call, and HAL told me that the NBA finals is is a big enough deal that they make special arrangements so it should be available. I'll cross my fingers that my team makes it, and that the feed is available!

I hope Kevin Durant makes it, and enjoys the experience of playing in the finals. ;)

I don't schedule my vacations around the NBA playoffs (obviously) but yes, having my team in the finals and not being able to watch them would be a disappointment.

On our 2009 Alaska cruise, they showed the NBA Finals games in the Sports Bar. I don't believe that they were available in-room though.

Don't forget you will be mostly on Alaska time, and the finals will probably be around 5PM.

I was on the Zaandam Super Bowl Sunday and there was a nice party in the Wajang theater with breakfast snacks - the game was 9AM Monday Singapore time.

Roy

On our 2009 Alaska cruise, they showed the NBA Finals games in the Sports Bar. I don't believe that they were available in-room though.

Good to know thanks.

(I am stopping myself from cross-referencing the schedule of games with the ship itinerary to see if we are actually at sea for all the games :) )

This may seem like a(nother) silly question, but it is crucial for some members of our party. :)

Will we be able to catch the live broadcast on ABC of the NBA finals on the Oosterdam on an Alaska cruise?

I know there is a "sports bar" on the ship, but the information only mentions getting live ESPN feeds, and I have seen conflicting information about whether ships usually get live network feeds, so I wanted to check with the experts.

I would really doubt it, but have a great cruise anyway.

Some of the games for NHL were on in the sports bar I forget which one. I don't think the final game was on. I was a Bruin Fan. First thing we were on west coast and some times we were 1 hr 2 hr ahead of west coast time. Times were different. and it depended on the satellite. So you really did not know when the games were on.

Go Celtics

Mary

I'd talk to the Cruise Director (not the front desk people) about it early in your cruise. I'm guessing that if people request it they can make arrangements. I know that they made special arrangements to show the World Cup soccer games a couple of years ago.

Archived