Holiday Inn Express NOLA HELP

River_Rat

We are booked at

Holiday Inn Express NEW ORLEANS EAST On BULLARD AVE

Has anyone stayed there before and do you know if it is a park and stay, I think I got hosed, after see what ever one else is paying for hotels that are park and stays, we payed $279 a night, did I just get hosed? :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

You are 17 miles away from the port, so there may be a parking option, but you'll have a hefty cab fare.

Are you not interested in any of the usual New Orleans touring, food, night life? This really isn't the place to be.

You are 17 miles away from the port, so there may be a parking option, but you'll have a hefty cab fare.

Are you not interested in any of the usual New Orleans touring, food, night life? This really isn't the place to be.

I have booked early enough I can always cancel and find a new place, if you have any good suggestions on where to stay please let me know, I would appreciate the help. :D

I have booked early enough I can always cancel and find a new place, if you have any good suggestions on where to stay please let me know, I would appreciate the help. :D

Are you planning on NO touring? IF so, then I would look to be a lot closer than you currently are.

I would also cancel and find a hotel much closer. There is a Holiday Inn in Gretna, La. which is right across the river from the port.(about 3-4 miles away) They have a package that includes parking and breakfast on the day you check out for your cruise, and it's a lot cheaper than $279. Also the taxi fare from there to the port wouldn't be much at all. Hope you have a fun cruise and a great time down here.

• 2 weeks later...

The French Quarter Festival is that weekend and you can probably forget about anything reasonably priced with or without cruise parking downtown.

http://www.fqfi.org/frenchquarterfest/

New Orleans East would not be my first choice, especially for a hotel/motel that otherwise might be $100 or less.

I would look for a more reasonably priced hotel/motel, probably forget included cruise parking (unless the Gretna location offers it), and just park at the port. Or maybe Machu Picchu parking. I think there is a hotel in Metairie that might have cruise parking and transportation to the port.

We are booked at the Quality Inn in Gretna, which offers free cruise parking with transportation to the cruise terminal for $129 - $139 per night. It also has free hot breakfast and free shuttle to the ferry, which will take you to New Orleans. All the reviews on this hotel are great, too!

• 2 weeks later...

As a native New Orleanian, I would strongly suggest you cancel and rebook somewhere closer to the port. Look for hotels in the CBD, Warehouse District, Garden District, or Uptown. New Orleans East is not an area I would leave my car overnight, and I am certain any lot for cruise parking is not covered or monitored.

I have never parked for a cruise from New Orleans, but I know there are several lots around the port that offer cruise parking, and one at the port.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also from New Orleans and would cancel that place ASAP. Not a safe area of town at all! I would try the hotels in Gretna or Harvey. They are across the river, but less than a 15 minute drive to the port. Several offer free parking for cruises and have a shuttle to the port. Good luck!

Archived