help with hawaii please

suesie

a group of us from England are considering a cruise to Hawaii next year . What would the weather be like in November? Would the sea days be warm enough to sunbathe and what would the weather be like generally in Hawaii at that time of year .

Thanks for any help :)

The weather in Hawaii is pretty much the same all year round - high's in the 80's (Farenheit), lows in the low 70's. You may get a little warm rain, but unless you're unlucky enough to hit a tropical storm (much less frequent in the Hawaiian Islands than in the Caribbean), it won't last long.

You don't say where you will be sailing from. Assuming you're leaving from Los Angeles, then your first few sea days will be quite a bit cooler - highs possibly in the 50's or 60's. Sunbathing might be difficult unless you're on a ship with an enclosed pool area, such as the RCL Solariums. But, we've seen a few hardy souls sunbathing at times when we wouldn't have considered it, so it's up to you. Things will warm up pretty quickly as you get closer to Hawaii.

I actually went in November in 2010 and we loved the weather. It was not SUPER hot and only rainy one day in Maui. We did NCL Pride of America since it's the only one that goes roundtrip from Honolulu and didn't want to spend our precious vacation days at sea.

I wrote a detailed trip report here:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/hawaii-2010/

Let me know if you have any questions!

R/T to Hawaii twice...and will do so again in April next year. Both of the previous times were in November...but I agree..the weather in Hawaii is pretty much consistent...and if you sail out of SD or LA you will have those first 2 days out and last two days in which will be cooler.

We love this cruise....and, when you sail out of SD, you can spend some time here in my lovely city...before or after the cruise!! Hope you decide to make this cruise...it is a great way to get an over-view of Hawaii and also spend some time on the West Coast of US before and/or after!!! Please let me know if you have any questions about San Diego, West Coast etc. Happy to help!!! LuAnn

There is no word in the Hawaiian language for weather. Every day is the same all year round.

It will be between 70 and 75 when you get up and 80 to 85 in the afternoon. The ocean will be 80 degrees.

The wind will be 5 to 15 knots out of the northeast and will blow night and day for 85% of the year.

Showers are usually blown in and gone within a half hour. If you like rain it is on the northeast of every island (windward, Hilo, Kailua).

If you want dry it is the southwest side of the mountains on every island (Waikiki, Lahina, Kona)

The mountains cause some variation depending on elevation, you can find snow at 14,000 feet in February but at sea level it will be shorts and flip flops.

I think it is the best climate on earth.

We have already booked for February next year on Century, flying into SD the day before. What weather can we expect then. It will be cold and we may have snow when we leave the UK so packing could be interesting. Any advice of what to do in the islands would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

We have already booked for February next year on Century, flying into SD the day before. What weather can we expect then. It will be cold and we may have snow when we leave the UK so packing could be interesting. Any advice of what to do in the islands would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

You should have highs in the 80's.

The unknown with the weather is always rain. You just never know.

Sometimes early in the morning it can be a little cool (still warm for what you have at home) and then it will warm right up.

Keith

What type of cruise are you planning? NCL Pride of America through the islands--7 days departing and returning to Honolulu or 14 or 15 day round-trip from the West Coast (California)?

We have done both, and in November, I would recommend the NCL. Our 15 day from San Diego was very rough and chilly both ways! While in the Hawaiian Islands, weather was beautiful, and water very calm!

HI LU Ann finally found you and been wondering how things were. We are on the Radiance Sept 2012 doing the trip bck home through Bora Bora etc. all fine how we enjoyed all you folks last cruise. Bye Irene and Stan.

Our second RT LA to Hawaii was a couple of years ago on the Golden Princess, and I highly recommend it. We had many people onboard from Europe (some stayed in Las Vegas a few days pre-cruise and some in LA pre-cruise). The cruise staff, including Elua (a couple who provide many of the Hawaiian activities, seminars and music), make it a truly Hawaiian experience during the way to Hawaii and back.

Archived