Cabin differences?

Hi all,

I am posting this question here rather than in the "cabin selection" forum because it refers specifically to RC.

I am curious to hear what is considered a better option for a family of 5. (3 kids of 12, 10 and 7)

To get two connecting balcony cabins, or to get a family suite?

Which is the right suite to get to accommodate this size family comfortably?

I already have 2 balcony cabins booked for my December cruise, but just thinking about the next cruise and considering my options.

Sorry, should have mentioned that.

So far it will probably be Legend or Serenade.

I am looking at doing a greek isles cruise in 2013, but have not worked out which one yet. Not sure if I will brave the crowds and high prices and go in July as originally planned, or hold off till September.

Not sure if I will cruise out of Rome as originally planned, or choose an itinerary out of Barcelona.

So basically, I am only just starting to work out what I am doing, but in all likelihood it will be one of the 2 above mentioned ships.

With kids of the age yours are, I'd go with 2 connecting cabins....immediate access, but privacy if you close the connecting door. Usually cheaper than a family or other suite. And, 2 separate bathrooms....

On vacations, we've shared hotel rooms for one night on the trip to and from our destination...but for the actual vacation...I want some "alone" time with hubby. A connecting (but separate) cabin will accomplish that!

Sorry, should have mentioned that.

So far it will probably be Legend or Serenade.

I am looking at doing a greek isles cruise in 2013, but have not worked out which one yet. Not sure if I will brave the crowds and high prices and go in July as originally planned, or hold off till September.

Not sure if I will cruise out of Rome as originally planned, or choose an itinerary out of Barcelona.

So basically, I am only just starting to work out what I am doing, but in all likelihood it will be one of the 2 above mentioned ships.

I would go two cabins, connecting if possible. Family suites are usually more expensive and typically only have one bathroom. With two cabins, everyone gets a bed and doesn't have to share a sofabed.

Thanks folks.

Thats pretty much what I expected and pretty much what I was going to go with.

But always good to get opinions from others that have "been there done that"

Thanks again.

Another vote for 2 connecting cabins, Our son and wife and three kids, ages 13,11, and 10 did this a couple of months ago and it worked perfectly for them. Have a wonderful cruise!:)

There are Two Bedroom suites on the Serenade that have two bathrooms and two bedrooms. They are like having your own apartment on the aft of the ship. DD and I had one and we loved it. They are, as others have said, more expensive though. You would have concierge lounge access and other suite privileges.

Archived