Is deck 6 ok?

barnowl1950

Hi all, booked cabin on I.E deck 6 middle of ship near restaurant, now Thomson has called to ask if I would prefer to up-grade to deck 7,8,or 9....I chose deck 6 because i thought there would be less movement if the sea gets rough, not too bothered about cabin size, but would it be better higher up? Will be packing plenty of Stugeron anyway, not going 'til April, just wondered what others think as it will be 1st time on I.E for us :)

Hello Barnowl1950, we are going on the Island Escape in July for the 2nd time and are also on deck 6. When we were on the first time in July 2010 we were on deck 6 then in an inside cabin for 4 people. We found it very good, handy for the restaurant. There was movement but not excessive but it didn't effect us. ( do pack sea sickness tablets though just to be on the safe side) They say mid ship is better but Iam no expert. There are plenty of friendly knowledgeable cruisers on here, I am sure that they will let you know what is what :). You will have a fantastic time what ever cabin you choose.:)

Hello Aurionno1 :) thanks for that...hope you have another great cruise, this will be our 2nd one, the 1st was Thomson Celebration 2 years ago (also been on a Nile cruise) we have cabin 6060 o/side 23 April, booked it early, saw slogan on front of new brochure - (stuff the stuffiness) - and our attitude was... yes ok... fine with us, for this time!

It's our 40th anniversary next year (not April) and I can honestly say we have never had a bad holiday for any reason so i'm pretty confident with this one too.

Just been deck 6 mid ship outside cabin. great location! Maybe someone wants your cabin? Hehe

Hi Pinkx :) well you may be right, never thought of that....seems I made a good choice then... thanks for your reply, i'm pleased you had a good cruise.

Think ours was 607 something so urs doesn't sound too far away. only problem as I said in my other post was the lifts but with deck 6 ur in the middle if u get frustrated and go up the stairs or to the other lifts :-)

Home on 29th May and we were in 6067 - inside. I chose this cabin as it is midship and very central to everything. I used the stairs mostly but it is handy for the lifts also.

Hope you have a great time! :)

Mo.

Hello Mo I looked again at the deck plans and agree with you on that, it is handy for everything, don't see any need to change now, also like you we don't mind using the stairs it all helps to work off some calories, glad you had a nice cruise:)

Home on 29th May and we were in 6067 - inside. I chose this cabin as it is midship and very central to everything. I used the stairs mostly but it is handy for the lifts also.

Hope you have a great time! :)

Mo.

We're just along from this cabin, good to know it's ok, wondered if it would be too close to lifts and restaurant and be too noisy. Stairs can be handy for working off the extra calories! :D

Looks like we're all Deck 6 midships then!!!! perhaps we're the only ones going.....we did have plenty of choice when we booked the cabin..:)

Good to know we'll all be neighbours. Trying to get organised today, but I'll still be rushing around at the last minute.:)

Island Escape is a relatively small ship and as far as I'm aware it doesn't have stabilisers so it's more likely to sway if the seas are rough. In theory the higher you are, the more you will notice it.

I was on deck 5 and hardly noticed any movement but I did talk to two people on deck 7 who said it was quite rocky one night. They also reported hearing loud bangs but I didn't hear anything like that.

Archived