Review of 5/27 Summit to Bermuda plus

jgnova

I was just going to say we met you on a Bermuda cruise back in May 2010.

That was our pleasure!

Hi Dianne:) wow...has it been 2 years?...it was a pleasure meeting

you and Doug too:)

I booked Summit again yesterday and am going in November:D

Thanks jonathan for posting all the dailies so the future Summit cruisers will be as prepared as we were. Thanks again for organizing all our activities, we had a great group and a great cruise!

Penny

Thank you for your review and all the scans. I'm sure it took quite a while to compile the information in such an organized fashion.

Your review was very good. It is such a shame that the transportation workers in Bermuda are either treated so bad that it necessary to disrupt or that they chose to do for some unknown reason. I am not really up on the specific issues, but I do know that we had a looming strike last year around the time of my cruise as well and that was early May.

My sailing was also effected by the workers, as a strike ended the day we were pulling in to Bermuda and it caused such huge delays because the passengers from the NCL ship, that had been there overnight could not get out to the towns and beached prior to our arrival at 1:00pm. So when the strike finally was settled all the passengers from both ships flooded the dockyard....there was simply no way to accomodate the huge amount of passengers, and it left a bad taste in the mouth of many people on both shisp......... I personally had been to Bermuda many times, so I hadn't really planned on going anywhere on the first day because it was a short day with the 1:00 pm arrival (Repositioning Cruise April 28, 2012) but for those on the other ship and on our ship that did want to venture out.....the situation was a disaster..........

Thank you so very much! I'm going on the Summit next August (2013), 2nd time on Celebrity (first time on the old Meridian, now retired). Your postings are just incredible, and I am already looking forward to sailing.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for providing current menus and daily programs as well as a great review for the Summit.

This will be our first cruise on a more upscale ship and we are greatly looking forward to it.

Actually the menus are a bit scary in that there were 2 or more starters,mains and desserts

I'd like to try at each meal. Time to start that diet now.;)

I've uploaded my review of our May 27 Summit sailing to Bermuda and am waiting for it to be approved. But you can get a sneak preview by clicking here. That page also has links to:

Scans of menus

Scans of dailies

Scans of youth activity schedules

Summit deck plan extracted from the Celebrity brochure

Links to ferry schedules and Bermuda maps

Do you want anything else added?

j

Thanks Joe, You always do a great job. It was nice seeing a familiar face on the Silhouette after being on the Summit with you guys. :)

Ellen

Actually the menus are a bit scary in that there were 2 or more starters,mains and desserts I'd like to try at each meal. Time to start that diet now.;)

There's no rule saying you can order only one item per course, nor do they act like your mother if you don't clean your plate. (Actually, the waiters and maitre 'd on that cruise did seem to take it personally if we left something. :)). So order what you want to taste and don't finish it. Or, if there's something a few of you want to sample but really want something else, then order one to pass around the table. We've done that several times.

j

There's no rule saying you can order only one item per course, nor do they act like your mother if you don't clean your plate. (Actually, the waiters and maitre 'd on that cruise did seem to take it personally if we left something. :)). So order what you want to taste and don't finish it. Or, if there's something a few of you want to sample but really want something else, then order one to pass around the table. We've done that several times.

j

Unfortunately I know all this.;) BTW I have already book marked your Summit blog.Excellent!

I'll take the opportunity to ask if you ever used the " Stateroom Bar Setup"?. What size are the bottles and what comes with the bottle?

Thanx

I'll take the opportunity to ask if you ever used the " Stateroom Bar Setup"?. What size are the bottles and what comes with the bottle?

Thanx

Nope - all I do with the mini-fridge is move things around to make room for the bottle/box of wine we bring. Maybe someone else here has ordered that.

j

Archived