How's sea day on Regatta?

Oceanbabyblue

Lovely but rarely available. Chair hogs in effect there too. If they are there (not just their stuff) they are wrapped in many blankets and sleeping. If I want to sleep I go to my room.....sleeping in public is often not a pretty sight!

Mo

Lovely but rarely available. Chair hogs in effect there too. If they are there (not just their stuff) they are wrapped in many blankets and sleeping. If I want to sleep I go to my room.....sleeping in public is often not a pretty sight!

If a person is actually occupying a chair or lounge, whether they are swaddled in blankets and perhaps even (the horror!) dozing, they are using the facilities appropriately.

Some of the nicest people we met on the ship would pass through the Patio area and stop and chat. It was quiet, which was great for conversations, not windy, not smoky and we didn't freeze our patooties out on the open deck (Alaska).

There was one woman who was alone who seemed to always set herself up on the same lounger, swaddled in blankets, and yes, she was nearly always sleeping (or seemed to be), but when she woke up she made some pleasantries and left the area. She didn't stake out the area with stuff so that she could come back, and so I would not call her a chair/lounge hog. It obviously gave her comfort or even pleasure to take a nap there and she didn't harm a soul.

There was always some chairs and/or loungers available and I didn't see anyone "hog" any of them.

I guess our experience differs....I rarely see an available chair unless I go by in the early morning. Don't really attempt to go there anymore.

Not saying they shouldn't sleep there if that's what they want, but sleeping, snoring, grunting while dreaming, etc, is often not a pretty sight.

The same people tend to be there all day, day after day. And yes, they do leave their stuff to hold the chairs.

Mo

Just returned home from the San Francisco to Miami cruise aboard the Regatta. They do have 2 smoking areas (one inside, and one on the pool deck) and both are 'out of the general traffic areas'. Our cruise was full and at no time did smoke become apparent to me. Tea was served every day at 4pm and was wonderful. I must say it appears that "NO" is not a word, in response to a question, that Regatta uses. Everything possible was done to make our trip enjoyable and they were able to make it happen.

P.s. = Always saw deck chairs free.

The best way to avoid the chair hog issue on the Regatta is to reserve a cabana.

Quiet area, great views, great service. For an itinerary with a lot of sea days its affordable luxury.

I had one for our Regatta holiday Caribbean cruise in 2009 and we used it everyday.

The best way to avoid the chair hog issue on the Regatta is to reserve a cabana.

Quiet area, great views, great service. For an itinerary with a lot of sea days its affordable luxury.

I had one for our Regatta holiday Caribbean cruise in 2009 and we used it everyday.

That would be great unless one wanted to be close to the pool. Oh, and the cost.

Archived